GreaseSpot Cafe

The Redskins beating Dallas was just priceless!!

J0nny Ling0

Yeah, I just loved it. I was working that day, standing in for a guy on vacation, and rebuilding some hydraulics in our shop. But I did listen to the Pittsburgh game, while catching reports on the various scores. At one point I heard that Dallas was ahead of the 'Skins 12 to 19 in the third. I was bummed, cause the 'Skins haven't been doing too hot this year, and there is nothing worse than the 'Skins losing to Dallas, other than when they lost the Super Bowl to the Dolphins in '72, and then to the Raiders in '83.

But there it was again, the Redskins lagging behind the Cowboys who seem to have found a brilliant quarterback in Tony Roma, yet still suffering from the idiotic antics of "T.O.", aka Terrell Owens. Oh geez, what an insult to lose to a team that has a guy who has yet to prove himself worthy of "primadonna-ism", who, after he makes a touchdown, sets the ball down, and lies down and then rests his head on it like a pillow. I mean, Jerry Rice never acted like that, and neither did my all time favorite, Walter Payton, God rest his beautiful soul...

But, during the next NFL score update, I learn that the Redskins had tied the game! OMG!! What happened? I wondered. The radio announcer mentioned it, but I had just come back into the shop and didn't get the word as to why. And it was back to the ill fated Steelers game. And then just like magic, the announcer gives the updates and explains that in the last thrity seconds, the Redskins missed a 49 yard FG attempt, and the Cowboys got the ball with good field advantage, and moved the ball down field for a chip shot field goal attempt. Game over. But no! With only seconds to go, the Redskins block the kick, grab the ball, run it back for thirty yards and miraculously, some Cowboy pulls a face mask penaltyon the defensive runner, and the fifteen yard penalty gives the Redskins field position for a field goal with zero time on the clock. But, according to the rules, a game cannot end on a penalty, and so, with zero time on the clock, the field goal kicker gets his second chance and boots a 47 yarder, ending the game at 22 Washington Redskins, 19 Dallas Cowboys! Yeah Baybee yeah!!!

But, they barely explained that on the "scores update", and I didn't get it straight till I got home. But man oh man, if the Redskins suck the rest of the season, I'll have had that one enjoyment, seeing the Redskins beat their natural enemy, the Dallas Cowboys!!! :eusa_clap::biglaugh::biglaugh::jump::beer::dance::dance::wave:

Edited by Jonny Lingo