GreaseSpot Cafe

Did you name your twig in the Corps?

J0nny Ling0

hey, bro, I knew you were not doing anything you considered to be heavy or cutting-edge doctrinal or sech-like....I was just playing off excies comment and that we were pre-dog-solja. Your Living Dogs might not have been as splashy as dog soljas, just had longer legs and a little less self-induced grandeur.......

Also, wasn’t the 10th Corps known for being a little looped and reprobate?

A great group of people!!!

The memories of the 10th Corps are the best memories I have in about 25 years of involvement in TWI.

I had forgotten all about naming our twigs. I remember thinking it was absolutely stupid until some of the names started getting revealed during announcements after the meals.

The 10th Corps is where I learned to take the sprouts from some salad we got served. Put it in my hand and pretend to sneeze. The girls would go nuts! ! ! I can hear them all saying, "EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" And then turn green! ! !

The 10th Corps could get pretty looped and reprobate. But, most of the ones I associated with could turn on a dime and teach or reprove and be right on the Bible. In the 10th Corps, you knew where you stood with Richard & Linda. If things needed to be dealt with, there was no holding back.

You don't like getting up for the 4:30am run? "Too baaad." I can hear Richard now. During our first year the theme of the ministry year was "The Renewed Mind". It was a great foundation for our group.

Edited by YIdon'tgotochurch

ROW, I think it was our 1st year in rez when we named our twigs. I remember that it was the Coccoon Chuckers who won the kite making/flying contest, and that Linda McD thought their kite flight deserved to win, because despite it's odd shape, they all ran underneath it "whooshing" their arms up under it just "willing it to fly", and by george, it finally took off and flew! Our kite flew just beautifully from the start, being of a conventional design. What made our kite unique was that the kite winder for the string was half of one of my fishing poles with the reel on it. It flew way up there from the start. but, it was only the effort of two of us, whereas George Cummella's whole Coccoon Chucker twig built it together and flew it together with what appeared to be some amazing believing. Their kite kept dying on the vine and sinking back down and they would all "woosh it" back up there by yelling "Fly Fly"! And finally, as if by Divine Intervention that big old bag of wind that didn't even look like a kite took off and stayed aloft with the greatest of ease....

And hey,YIDGTC, remember the card board cars? Too much fun. Yeah, to be truthful I too would have to say that my time in the Tenth Corps was a helluva lotta fun. I went in for the discipline. It was like here I am, throw it at me, I can take it, for, I need it. I was oblivious to the ugly underbelly of the ministry, and generally associated with those whom I found to be a blessing.

And so ROW and YIDGTC, you have me wondering as to who it is you are...