GreaseSpot Cafe

For the birds

I know bird have to work hard everyday to get their needs met, they have to find food build a home raise the young lots of things.

this isnt about NOT working or NOT taking care of yourself in fact just the opposite in that we must work and feed ourself with food we made etc.. but I think God is saying while doing what you need to live like eat and make a home and raise children and work on life do not worry about how it happens just do it. and He will provide .

for me He always has.

Then again, that could be why I don't have any money. :biglaugh:

Yeah, beginner's luck only holds out for so long. :thinking:

I'll relate this in pool playing terms since that's what I know. If you have two players of differing abilities, the stronger player will sometimes give the other what's known as 'spot'. This means, the weaker player doesn't have to make as any shots to win as the stronger player.

The weaker player will sometimes have days where he will win with the spot. However, over the long run, the stronger player will walk away with more marbles (unless, of course, he's misjudged his 'fish' and is actually the weaker of the two).

26Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
I thought it might have to do with birds need to do what they are "called" to do . . . After seeing "March of the Penguins" or "Winged Migration" I was astounded with the calling of these creatures -- yet they just do what they do.

No whining or complaining.

People are called to sow and reap and gather into barns. We should do it with the same doing a bird flys on the wings of the morning.

The more we listen to the Holy Spirit and sail on His breath of the morning, doing what He has "called" us to do, I think the more well-pleasing to the Lord it is to see us at work.

In the same manner we enjoy watching birds sail on the wind, so the Lord loves to watch us work in His timing, sailing on the wind of His breath.

doing what He has "called" us to do, I think the more well-pleasing to the Lord it is to see us at work.
Isn't this the mystery, Tring to determine exactly what God is calling us to do. The calling isn't to have a cookie cutter existence What pleases God for one man, may be not match up with someone elses calling. Can the eye try to be the foot and still please God?

Jerry

I have been thinking that it's the next thing that we have (as in have in our hand not forced) to do.

We work, have a family, have a home, the "mundane" things of life that can be lived in the presence of the Lord, 24/7.

Just like the geese fly halfway around the world, and no one sees them, but other geese as they fly along, each taking their turn leading the formation, but not too much so they don't get over tired.

Walking with the Holy Spirit is not a movie star walk.

After I fill the sink with hot water, then the next thing is I add a little bleach and some soap, then the next thing is I wash the dishes and load the dishwasher.

In the morning when I get up the next thing is I make the bed, then the next thing is I lay my clothes out, then the next thing is I take a shower, then the next thing is I get dressed.

. . .

Then the next thing is I start the car so it warms up, then the next thing is I make sure the bathroom is clean from my morning ritual and the kitchen is clean from breakfast and I bless the house and thank the Lord I have a place to live, then the next thing is I might get a cup of coffee and I thank God I have two hands to work with and have such nice stuff to eat and drink, then the next thing is I am out the door. . .

Then the next thing is i thank God for getting me such a nice car to drive to work, and the next thing is I drive to work and pray for people on the way to work . . . then the next thing is I park the car and the Lord reminds me to turn the lights off before I go into work.

That's all I mean, I just try to live every moment in the presence of the Lord. I don't have many main stage moments any more. I just try to live as I think a Christian should, hiding out in my refuge Christ Jesus.