GreaseSpot Cafe

Study of the Book of Revelation part 1

God first

Study of the Book of Revelation part 1

04-29-2007

Beloved friends

God loves us all my dear friend

Today I want to look at the Book of Revelation in two ways the classic one were it’s the end of the world and were it’s the end of your body. Other wise I am looking for a group understanding and a personal one.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Questions to asked yourself

1. Is "the Revelation of Jesus Christ" words that were revealed to John by Jesus Christ by the will of God?

2. What is shortly to God?

3. How did God’s angel signified this?

Answers

1. Yes Jesus Christ revealed what to write to John, so John wrote it so we could be ready and get prepared.

2. At this time the earth is four thousand years old but if a day for God is one thousand years to us, so even two thousand years would be short to God.

3. The angel signified these prophecies by visions.

But are things going to happen to your body, the earth, or both.

Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

John bare record of the truth he heard and has shared with as many that would hear.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

You are blessed if you take the time to read this book and you hear the words in your heart.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

John is talking to the seven churches around him at the time he was written or the seven gifts of the spirit that you have now, that which you no longer use but have, and that which you will have someday from the seven parts of Christ given.

God is the throne and all true power come from the throne.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Questions

1. How can Jesus Christ be first begotten from the dead if there as not been a second ?

Answer

1. There most of been others and that is why they saw Moses and John standing with Jesus Christ in the clouds.

Jesus Christ was the first begotten from the dead but what is it to be begotten from the dead ?

Its differ from being rose from the dead ? Yes there is.

Strong’s G4416. prototokos, pro-tot-ok'-os; from G4413 and the alt. of G5088; first-born (usually as noun, lit. or fig.):--firstbegotten (-born).

To be begotten is to be born and here we are talking being born into spiritual being like God as Jesus Christ was.

Yes Jesus Christ loved us enough to give up his fleshly life so our sins could be washed away and we could be begotten or put on a new body if we walk in love as Jesus Christ did.

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jesus Christ has made us royal blood line making us his brothers and sisters.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

All animals, plants, elements, us, and every part of our body will see Jesus Christ coming either for us or not depending love or hate within our members.

Is there not a eye to the heart, brain, and all the parts of us. The eye is the part that see’s the other parts.

Even plants have eyes and that is why they point toward the sun because they need sun light.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus Christ is teaching us time means nothing because he is the new beginning, he is the old promise of what will come, and he is the new promise which is still to come.

Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

This was were John was in the flesh for the sake of movement of love of Jesus Christ as he has testimony of Jesus Christ love unto them with patience.

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

On the Lord’s Day is the day John heard the truth by spiritual revelation like a voice as a sound of trumpet or a sound coming without a speaker.

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

The sound is the voice of Jesus Christ which told John to write that which we saw and heard spiritually.

Here John names seven churches or seven parts a body can have if your still looking at these verses with two views one of earthy and the other as personal.

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

John turn to see the voice the spake with him but he saw seven golden candlesticks;

We know these seven golden candlesticks are the seven churches from research we have done before.

But is not this the seven spiritual lights each church can have or the seven gifts of the spirit the body can have.

Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

In the midst of the church Jesus Christ leads with love or in the midst of the you Jesus Christ leads with love.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

This is what Jesus Christ looked like.

Now we know white is the purest color and eyes were as a flame of fire is talking the holy spirit the light of love of Christ.

Now you can look at this words deeper but is the wool that which brings warmed which comes from sheep and was not Jesus Christ the last offering.

But do not forget get talk about Jesus Christ by his body parts which are now spiritual body no longer a flesh body.

Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

More talk about Jesus Christ by his body parts which are now spiritual body no longer a flesh body.

His feet are sure footed and the path they walk is like fine brass if they were made pure by a spiritual fire and his voice is like many water.

Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

More talk about Jesus Christ by his body parts which are now spiritual body no longer a flesh body.

In his hand of blessing seven stars are the seven candlesticks or seven gift ministries or seven gifts of the spirit. One is to the church and the other is to the person.

And yes there are seven gift ministries apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers, saints ministry of the word, and ministry of reconciliation then there are deacons and elders.

I not sure which seven I listed but I know there are seven.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

What John did because he did not know what to think or do but Jesus Christ comforted him told John it was Jesus Christ the first and the last.

Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I the one who lived in the flesh and was kill but I lived now and I can not die ever again I Jesus Christ have the way out of the grave of death, I am the way for you and all others that call out for me.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Jesus Christ told John to write this book.

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Here we see Jesus Christ giving the meaning of the seven stars, the seven golden candlesticks, and the seven churches which we have talked about earier.

Now here is a begin looking at the book of Revelation as personal thing happening to you or a world wide thing happen to the world.

Because God is a personal God I believe all Revelation can be looked at this way but this is only part one of what I hope to be 27 parts.

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy