GreaseSpot Cafe

Poetry Published

I Love Bagpipes

Thank you wrds&wrks.

"Amazing and talented" LOL and :redface2:

I hardly fit those categories, but t'anks!

Those folks in Cirque de Sol (sp?).....now that's amazing and talented!!!! :biglaugh:

No, I do not play bagpipes. But they engender a "call of the wild" feeling in me. (Well, depends on the song.) Fiddles and flutes and penny whistles do the same. (Sometimes gnomes appear :wink2: .) Must be the Scots in me blood. I like pirates too.

The only wind instrument I "play" is the recorder.

That is way cool about your son!! Not too many pipe players around.

Here, he might enjoy the link below.

I love it!! In fact me wrote a short rhymish to introduce it:

Jack Sparrow!! Will Turner!!

All ye pirates come ashore!

When once ye watch this

if ye be not cheery

Ye have no pirate in ye

And I pray for ye bloody souls...

The Fredericton Society of St Andrews Pipe Band perform Captain Horne in Calypso style.

(That's me and Doojable jiving on the table. JUST KIDDING!!! :rolleyes: But it would be, iffin we wuz there.

Hey Dooj, let's board the next Black Pearl and help furl her sails!!! :biglaugh: No tequila or bourbon; must be rum. Jack Sparrow provides nice quarters for all who provide rum. :beer: )

Pipes, if you can get Jack Sparrow, Will Turner to show up with and lots of rum I'll dance anywhere!

Hoist the mainsail, mate! :biglaugh:

Congratulations!

I've never been a poetry fan, but I loved your poems that you posted here. And I'm still amazed that you were able to write while in TWI. I have the feeling I'll be hearing your poems read on Oprah's Book Club, or offered as the main selection in the Book of the Month Club.

I'll be buying a copy of the book for myself, and some for Mother's Day gifts.

Congratulations!

I've never been a poetry fan, but I loved your poems that you posted here. And I'm still amazed that you were able to write while in TWI. I have the feeling I'll be hearing your poems read on Oprah's Book Club, or offered as the main selection in the Book of the Month Club.

I'll be buying a copy of the book for myself, and some for Mother's Day gifts.

Oh my!! :redface2: :D

Thank you kindly Vegan. I hope you enjoy at least some of it. :)

I didn't write much until the last 5 years in. It turned out to be "salvation." :rolleyes:

And Dooj ..... all aboard matey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!