GreaseSpot Cafe

Sex and Drugs

WhiteDove

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Public High School Assembly Speaker Promotes Sex & Illegal Drug Use to Teens!

Yet another outrageous but true incident of government schools infringing on parental rights and promoting irresponsible behavior to young impressionable minds:

Boulder High School in Boulder, CO recently held a mandatory student assembly sponsored by the University of Colorado's "Conference for World Affairs". The CWA sounds like it ought to be a forum for discussing international events and public policy similar to Harvard's JFK Jr. Forum. Instead, this panel was called "STDs: Sex, Teens and Drugs". Students as young as 14 were required to attend and listen to Professor Joel Becker of UCLA make the outrageous comment: "I am going to encourage you to have sex and encourage you to use drugs appropriately....I want to encourage you to all have healthy, sexual behavior. Men with men, women and women, whatever combination you would like."

When Boulder High School sophomore Daphne White and her mom Priscilla complained to the school board, the board president Helayne Jones told Mrs. Jones to stop reading excerpts from the assembly because Ms. Jones deemed the language "inappropriate." This is the same language that Boulder High School administrators allowed students to hear during the assembly!

Audio

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Public High School Assembly Speaker Promotes Sex & Illegal Drug Use to Teens!

Yet another outrageous but true incident of government schools infringing on parental rights and promoting irresponsible behavior to young impressionable minds:

Boulder High School in Boulder, CO recently held a mandatory student assembly sponsored by the University of Colorado's "Conference for World Affairs". The CWA sounds like it ought to be a forum for discussing international events and public policy similar to Harvard's JFK Jr. Forum. Instead, this panel was called "STDs: Sex, Teens and Drugs". Students as young as 14 were required to attend and listen to Professor Joel Becker of UCLA make the outrageous comment: "I am going to encourage you to have sex and encourage you to use drugs appropriately....I want to encourage you to all have healthy, sexual behavior. Men with men, women and women, whatever combination you would like."

When Boulder High School sophomore Daphne White and her mom Priscilla complained to the school board, the board president Helayne Jones told Mrs. Jones to stop reading excerpts from the assembly because Ms. Jones deemed the language "inappropriate." This is the same language that Boulder High School administrators allowed students to hear during the assembly!

Audio

I saw that, makes me really mad! My son is a 9th grader in public school in California and I just pray that he is protected from this kind of garbage.