GreaseSpot Cafe

The Color of Fear

Cindy!

Below are links to three clips....the first one give kind of a lightweight intro to the idea of racial prejudice. The second one is a little more hard-hitting (although the dignity of those involved is honored), the third one is on homophobia.

Depending on your personal view, the contents may be hard to watch. I personally was THRILLED with the honest expression of emotion and the open reception from the men in the video. I have the 90 minute version and it is amazing.

The first clip has a statement at the end that might echo negatively with those of us who were issued the "stand with me or against me" edict from the then president of the way, but I believe the idea/feeling/heart/message behind this is much deeper, more effective and more real than that edict ever even dreamed of being.

First clip: This is the trailer to the ninety minute version.

Second clip: This is about 6 minutes of the 90 minute version

Second Clip (6 minutes)

Third Clip: This is a clip from The Color of Fear 3, which deals VERY well with homosexuality.

Third Clip

Your views, beliefs, etc.. may differ. What I admire here is the honesty and the respect given to those expressing their emotions/views. I love the dignity that is allowed here with no personal slurs.

Edited by Cindy!

Cindy! Hi. What great insight. Thanks!

It reminded me of how I used to hug my mom and kiss her on the cheek. Maybe I should start back kissing her (we still hug).

My girlfriends and I still hug when we say goodbye and I'm not gay, but sometimes I'm aware (always in public) not to hug for very long for fear someone will think we're gay. That's silly, isn't it? But that's our society now, unfortunately.

I have a couple of gay friends. They're just people. Imo, it's not my business what goes on in their bedroom. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my own business.

There is no American ethnicity

Excellent statement from the 2nd flick. Sure the black guy was quite emotional, but when you look past the anger, his words definitely made a lot of sense. Because when a lot of people think 'be American' from a cultural standpoint, they are (largely) thinking from a white basis, are they not?

Good videos Cindy. :)