GreaseSpot Cafe

Eckhart Tolle-A New Earth-Awakening To Your Life's Purpose

happyheart

Here's a link to A video by Jill Bolte Taylor, a brain researcher who had a stroke. Much chatter about her insights on the ANE msg boards.

My Stroke of Insight

very nice link

during my studies in "end-of-life spirituality," i've seen how experiences/studies/practices in consciousness, spirituality, and medicine are all very closely connected

some of the most insightful, most compassionate people i have ever met have spent decades working with coma patients

...and some of the most hopeful messages i have ever read/heard came from people who were dying, or otherwise suffering from some serious illness and the deeper interior experiences that come with that

...or even from people who are simply very very old and at peace

and i am not surprised how someone experiencing a stroke may "fall into" other states of awareness and have incredible insights

...especially those who are already experts in other scientific and medical fields

again...i believe Tolle's message is the tip of an iceberg...and perhaps one of the most relevent messages to a culture/world experiencing the trauma of many levels of dying...the seismic shift of billions of states of mind being altered by unprecedented circumstance

Tolle speaks not of a mindset...but of the space the all mindsets occur in

which is good wisdom for when we are in-between

as we all seem to seem to be

to some depth and degree

Edited by sirguessalot

to add...

i also think that perhaps its fair to say

that this perspective..as it is being interpreted by Tolle

certainly seems to be some sort of abrupt "cliff" of an affair

when it comes to the human ego

and though it could have been wiser if our elders had known to show us such cliffs at some earlier stage of life

but we are here as we are now...which is still pretty damn plenty, if you know what i mean

and so maybe its also worth pointing out that while it does not seem kind to push friends off cliffs

...holding hands and jumping when everyone is damn well ready, does

though obviously sometimes life its self pushes us off, as well

...so i suppose this is where experienced "cliff-jumpers" come in handy

ok...maybe ive worn the analogy out already

i hope someone gets my drift

Edited by sirguessalot