GreaseSpot Cafe

Dead Bury Dead

God first

Beloved friends

God loves us all my dear friends

Matthew 8:21 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.

24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.

How can dead bury dead?

Who are the dead at this time?

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

at the time Jesus said “let the dead bury their dead” all where dead because Jesus Christ had not Quickened us yet so yes that men was dead in sins so he bury his father

but lets look deeper into that part of God’s word.

Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Jesus Christ was building them up so the living could bury the living.

The basic of this story is the man father was old but not near death door just yet so Jesus Christ in a mystery or parable form was telling the men by following his ways he could bury his father a quickened father by a quickened child

The alive burying the alive in Christ

Because if the person father was done dead the person would not be there but taking care of the buried of the father

Now I few things I want to say first

to get this answer it took talking with God personally because it was in a mystery or parable form that made no senses to me either

but once God told me dead can not bury the dead he was able to open up more detail as God can for you

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Yes, Roy. It is the spiritually dead that the Lord Jesus was speaking about when He told them to bury their own physical dead. Besides which, it was also a Jewish proverb that people used to get out of doing something that they really weren't interested in doing.