GreaseSpot Cafe

Who is Lynne Cole?

year2027

God first

thanks everybody

http://lynnejunkinscole.com/images/MLwhoisLynne.png

HOME | WHO IS LYNNE | BOOKS | GOD’S QUESTION | BLOGS

Although I am a writer / Author and I love to write, I find it hard to write about myself but here goes...

I'm a Child of God (Christian) living for Jesus Christ as lead by the Holy Spirit in me. Am I perfect? NO! I'm just like you. I also battle doubt, the feeling that I'm not good enough, consistent enough, or strong enough.

Yet, God in His infinite wisdom created me [Psalm 139]. He chose me to be His child to be His instrument. Thank God for Jesus Christ and His death on the cross and resurrection. I gave my life to Him in order for the Holy Spirit to live in me and through me, using me as He chooses. By doing that I have all the power He had when He walked on the earth as stated in John 14: 12 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”

I am a wife married to my one and only husband Robert E. Cole, Jr for 48 years! We got married on April 1, 1962! A clue to my sense of humor. [oops! And how old we are] LOL

Bob never forgets our anniversary!

I'd like to be able to say our marriage has been ideal and almost perfect. But that would be a lie.

I've learned by being married:

The only person I can change is myself – with God's guidance and love.

I have to love my husband unconditionally and accept him the way he is.

I also need to love my self unconditionally and accept myself the way I am.

You see, God created each of us. He knows us better than we know ourselves.

Love is a decision, not an emotion.

It's not all about me and my needs.

I am to die to “self” daily. Pray not my will but YOUR will Lord.

I am a mother of 3 wonderful children in their 40's.

How can they possibly be in their 40's already!!! How did that happen. I was 40 just last year!

A Grandmother too:

3 biological outstanding children in their 20's.

2 wonderful step grandchildren and their spouses.

And 6 step great grandchildren.

All beautiful and unique! How can I be a great grandmother?? I'm so young!

Things I enjoy:

Writing and do it through:

Blogging [link to thoughts.com/blog/lynnecole]

Creating Newsletters for organizations.

Creating my own Annual Christmas Newsletter. Yes, I'm one of "them".

Keeping up with Family, Friends and all acquaintances on “Facebook”.

Taking pictures…..Thank God for digital cameras!!!

Laughing and making people laugh.

I've been known to pick on people to make them laugh. Whatever it takes…. The hardest person to make laugh? My husband.

Author of:

Goodbye Desert Storm; Hello Bangor, Maine

Currently writing a book:

What do you think God sees when He looks at you?

Ministry:

Challenge people to think, really think about Jesus.

Encourage people.

Ministering to those God brings me in contact with through: my writings, people I have face to face time with, people I email, people I encounter on Facebook. I desire to be aware when God wants me to, write or say something to someone. I try to be sure it is God and not me before I speak, write or do ministry.

My goal is to be God's light of love shining through me. Every morning I pray God will guide me in everything I do that day and that He will be glorified.

As you see, I'm just an ordinary person, chosen by God. I'm as conflicted as anyone when it comes to measuring up to my expectations of what I am and should be as God's messenger/instrument here on earth. Fortunately, I've learned I don't and shouldn't try to measure up to MY expectations. If I try and strive I will fail. Why? God is the one leading me. He is teaching me. He sets the standard. It's all about God. Not about ME. As I surrender to God I find PEACE as only God can give!

Isn't it wonderful we don't have to be perfect to be used by God? Paul was a killer and God used him. Moses was full of self doubt, yet God used him. When no one was around God used a donkey! Now I could go on and on but I think you get what I'm trying to say. I'm God's creation!!! I am created to serve Him. As we fellowship with God, we are drawn closer to Him, yielded to and able to begin to grasp what He is wanting. He reveals His will one step at a time. He often keeps us in the dark. I believe it is to build our faith. So step out in faith and do what you understand He is saying. This adventure I'm in all started by obediently asking a question of 2 ladies!! It has slowly grown as God has revealed the task, one step at a time. Where is this going? I have no idea, but I know Who does!!

God be Glorified!

one that loves God

with love and a holy kiss Roy