GreaseSpot Cafe

The Author of Life Everlasting

The Author of Life Everlasting

Chapter 1

We Have a High Priest Over the House of Yahweh

While many have taken all pains to write to us of our common life that has been manifested, many seen and did testify, announcing to us that life which is eternal, which the Father has within himself; Yeshua being the first fruit of that life; it is needful for us to understand, exhorting one another to maintain a conflict for the believing which was once delivered to the saints; for some have obtained entrance who from the beginning were registered beforehand under this condemnation; wicked men, who pervert the grace of Yahweh to impurity, and deny him who is the only Yahweh, and deny Yeshua as the Messiah. We need to be reminded, though we all know it, that Yahweh, after once rescuing the people from Egypt, again destroyed them who believed not; and the angels that kept not their primacy, but left their station, Yahweh has reserved in chains unknown, under darkness, unto the judgment of the great day. As Sodom and Gomorrah, and the surrounding cities, which in like manner followed whoredom and went after strange flesh, will be placed beneath everlasting fire, being, doomed to judgment. In the same manner, too, these sensual dreamers defile the flesh, and despise authority, and revile excellency; but these men revile things which they do not understand; and in the things of which they have a natural persuasion as animal beings, in these they corrupt themselves. Woe to them; for they have gone in the way of Cain; and, after the error of Balaam, they have lusted for gain; and, in the rebellion of Korah, they have perished. These are they who, in their feastings, riot while polluting themselves, feeding themselves without fear; clouds without rain, moved about by the winds; trees whose fruit has failed, and they are without fruit, twice dead, and uplifted from their root; raging waves of the sea which, by their foam, manifest their confusion; wandering stars, for which is reserved the blackness of darkness forever. These are they who murmur and complain of every thing, while they walk according to their lusts; and their mouth speaks shocking things; and they flatter people, for the sake of gain; but we need to remember the words which were before spoken by the apostles of Yeshua the Messiah; because they told us, that in the end of the times there would be scoffers, going after wickedness, according to their lusts. These are they that separate themselves, sensual persons, not having power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh within them. They forgot that from of old, Yahweh spoke to the Israelites fathers by the prophets, in every manner, and in all ways; but in these later days, Yahweh has conversed with us, by his son; whom Yahweh has constituted heir of all things, and when Yeshua made a purgation of sins, then Yeshua sat down on the right hand of Yahweh. Wherefore, my brethren, who are called with a calling that is from heaven, consider this high priest of our profession, Yeshua the Messiah; because Yahweh has said, "O, if you would but heed my charge this day: do not be stubborn as at Meribah, as on the day of Massah, in the wilderness, when your fathers put me to the test, tried me, though they had seen my deeds. Forty years I was provoked by that generation; I thought, they are a senseless people; they would not know my ways. Concerning them, I swore in anger, they shall never come to my resting-place!"

Beware therefore, my brethren, lest there be in any of us an evil heart that believes not, and we depart from the living Yahweh; but we need to examine ourselves all the days, during the day which is called today; and let none of us be hardened, through the deceitfulness of sin; for we have part with the Messiah, if we persevere in this firm confidence, from the beginning to the end; as it was said, "O, if you would but heed my charge this day," do not harden your hearts to anger Yahweh. Who are those who have heard and provoked Yahweh? Were they not those who came out of Egypt under Moses, although not all of them? But with whom was Yahweh disgusted for forty years? Was it not especially with those who had sinned, and whose carcasses fell in the wilderness? And against whom did Yahweh swore in anger, that they should not enter into his resting-place, except against those who did not listen? So we see that they could not enter in because they did not believe. Let us therefore, fear, while the promise of entering into Yahweh's resting-place remains, lest some amongst us find we are prevented from entering; for to us also is the announcement, as well as to them; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not mingled with believing in those who heard it; but we who have believed, will enter into rest, as Yahweh said, "Concerning them I swore in anger, they shall never come to my resting-place," for the works of Yahweh existed from the very foundation of the world; for Yahweh said concerning the Sabbath, "On the seventh day Yahweh finished the work that he had been doing, and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done." And here again, Yahweh said, "They shall never come to my resting-place." There was a chance for some to enter therein, but they to whom the announcement was first made did not enter because they would not listen; again Yahweh established another day, a long time afterwards; as above written, that David said, "O, if you would but heed my charge this day; do not be stubborn as at Meribah, as on the day of Massah." For if Joshua, the son of Nun, had given them rest, he would not have spoken afterwards of another day, Therefore it is established, that the people of Yahweh are to have a Sabbath; for he who had entered into Yahweh's rest, has also rested from his works, as Yahweh did from his. Let us, therefore, strive to enter into that rest; lest we fall short, after the manner of them who believed not; for the word of Yahweh is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the point of division between soul and man, and between the joints, and the marrow, and the bones, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart; neither is there any creature, which is concealed from before Yahweh; but every thing is naked and manifest before Yahweh's eyes, to whom we are to give account.

We have, therefore, a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Yeshua the Messiah, the son of Yahweh; let us remain firm in Yeshua's faithfulness; for we do not have a high priest who cannot share our infirmities, but we have one who was tempted with every thing as we are, and yet without sin. Let us, therefore, come openly to the throne of Yahweh's grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need; for every high priest chosen from men, is ordained on behalf of men about things pertaining to Yahweh, that he may present the offerings, and the sacrifices for sin; he is one who can humble himself, and have compassion on those who are ignorant, and go astray; for he himself also is subject to weaknesses; because of these, he is obliged, just as he offers sacrifices for the people, likewise to offer for himself, as a result of his own sins; and no man takes this honor to himself, but only he who is called of Yahweh, as was Aaron. So also the Messiah did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest; even when Yeshua was in a place which is called Gethsemane, he offered prayers and supplication, with vehement cries and tears, to Yahweh who was able to save him from death; and he was heard; and though Yeshua was a good son, because of fear and suffering which he endured, he learned obedience; and Yeshua grew to be perfect, and became the author of life everlasting to all who obey him; so Yeshua was called by Yahweh a high priest after the order of Melchisedec. Now, concerning this person, Melchisedec, their is much to say, but it is difficult to explain, because we are dull of comprehension; by now we should be teachers, because we have been a long time in training, but even now we need to be taught the primary writings of the word of Yahweh; but we are still in need of milk, and not strong meat; for every man whose food is milk is unfamiliar with the word of righteousness; for he is a babe; but strong meat belongs to those who are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Therefore, let us leave the elementary word about the Messiah, and let us proceed to the completion. Why do we again lay another foundation for the repentance from past deeds and for believing in Yahweh? And for baptism, and for the laying on of the hands, and for the resurrection of the dead, and for eternal judgment? If Yahweh permits, this we will do; but this is impossible for those who have once been baptized, and have tasted grace, and have received power, yea, the powerful power from on high, and have tasted the good word of Yahweh, and the powers of a coming age; for, for them to sin again, and be renewed again by repentance, they crucify the son of Yahweh a second time, and put Yeshua to open shame. For, the earth which drinks in the rain that falls abundantly on it, and brings forth herbs useful to those for whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from Yahweh; but if it should produce thorns and briers, it is rejected, and not far from being condemned; and at the end this crop will be burned up; but, in regard to us, my brethren, we are persuaded better things, and things pertaining to salvation; for Yahweh is not unjust to forget our works, and our labor of love which we have made known in his name. The apostle's desire was that every one of us show the same diligence toward the fulfillment of our hope, even to the end, that we be not slothful, but be followers of those who through believing and patience have become heirs of the promise; for when Yahweh made a promise to Abraham, because there was none greater than himself by whom he could swear, he swore by himself, saying, "By myself I swear, Yahweh declares; because you have done this, and have not withheld your son, your favored one, I will bestow my blessing upon you, and make your descendants as numerous as the stars of heaven, and the sands on the seashore; and your descendants shall seize the gates of their foes. All the nations of the earth shall bless themselves by your descendants, because you have obeyed my command." And so Abraham was patient, and obtained the promise; for men swear by one greater than themselves; and in every controversy that occurs among them, the sure termination of it is by an oath. Therefore, because Yahweh wanted more abundantly to show to the heirs of promise, that his promising was irreversible, bound it up in an oath; so that, by two things which change not, and in which Yahweh cannot lie; we, who have sought refuge in Yahweh, might have great consolation, and might hold fast the hope promised to us; which is to us as an anchor, that retains our soul, so that it swerves not; and it enters into that within the veil, therein Yeshua has previously entered for us, and has become a high priest forever, after the order of Melchisedec.

Now this Melchisedec was king of Salem, a priest of Yahweh, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings; and blessed him, and to whom Abraham also set aside a tenth part from the choice things he had with him. Moreover his name is interpreted king of righteousness; and again, king of Salem, which means king of peace. Neither his father nor his mother is recorded in the genealogies; and neither the beginning of his days, nor the end of his life; but like the son of Yahweh, his priesthood abides forever. Now consider you, how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave tithes and first-fruits; for those sons of Levi who received the office of the priesthood, were authorized by the law to take tithes from the people; even from their own brethren, who also had come out of the loins of Abraham; but this man, who is not recorded in their genealogies, took tithes even from Abraham; and blessed him who had received the promises. Beyond dispute, he who was less was blessed by him who was greater than himself; and here, men who die, receive the tithes; but there Melchisedec, of whom the scripture testifies that he lived, received them; and through Abraham, as one may say, even Levi, who received tithes, also gave tithes; for he was yet in the loins of his forefather Abraham, when Melchisedec met him. If, therefore, perfection had been reached by Levitical priesthood, by which the law was enacted for the people, what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec? Otherwise, the scriptures would have said that he would be after the order of Aaron; but as there is a change in the priesthood, so also is there a change in the law; for Yeshua, concerning whom these things are spoken, was born of another tribe, from which no man ever ministered at the altar; for it is evident that the Messiah sprang out of Judah, of which tribe Moses said nothing concerning a priesthood; and yet it is far more evident, because Yahweh said that another priest would rise after the order of Melchisedec, one who was not appointed after the law of carnal commandments, but after the power of life which abides forever; for the change which took place in the former law was made as a result of its weakness, and because it had become useless; for the law perfected nothing; but in the place of it there came in a hope, which is better than it, and by which we draw near to Yahweh; and Yahweh confirmed it for us by an oath; for they became priests without oaths; but this man was by an oath. By all this, is that a better covenant of which Yeshua is its surety; and these priests were many, because of their being hindered from continuing because of death; but this man, because he stands up forever, his priesthood does not pass away. Therefore Yeshua is able to save forever those who come to Yahweh by him; because Yeshua lives forever to make intercession for them; for this is the kind of high priest proper for us; one pure, and without evil, and without stain; one separated from sins, and exalted higher than heaven; and who needs not daily, as do those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for their own sins, and then for the people's; for this Yeshua did once, by offering up himself, for the law constituted imperfect men priests; but the word of the oath which came after the law constituted the son who is perfect for evermore.

Now the sum of the whole is this, we have a high priest, who is seated on the right hand of the throne of Yahweh in heaven; and Yeshua has become the minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tent, which Yahweh pitched, and not man; for every high priest is established, to offer oblations and sacrifices; and therefore, it was proper that this one should also have something to offer; for if when Yeshua was on the earth, he would not have been a priest, because there were priests there, who offer oblations agreeably to the law, who minister in the semblance and shadow of the things in heaven, just as it was commanded to Moses, when he was about to make the tent, "Note well, and follow the patterns for them that are being shown you on the mountain." But now, Yeshua the Messiah has received a ministry which is greater than that; just as the covenant in which Yeshua was made a mediator is greater, so are the promises greater than those given in the old covenant; for if the first covenant had been faultless, then there would have been no place for this second one; for Yahweh found fault with it, and said, "See, a time is coming, declares Yahweh, when I will make a new covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers, when I took them by the hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt, a covenant which they broke, though I espoused them, declares Yahweh; but such is the covenant I will make with the House of Israel after these days - declares Yahweh: I will put my teaching into their inmost being, and inscribe it upon their hearts. Then will I be their Yahweh, and they shall be my people. No longer will they need to teach one another, and say to one another, heed Yahweh; for all of them, from the least of them to the greatest, shall heed me, declares Yahweh. For I will forgive their iniquities, and remember their sins no more." For Yahweh has spoken of a new covenant; the first one has become old, and that which is old and obsolete is near destruction. Now, under the first covenant, there were ordinances of ministration, and a worldly sanctuary; for in the first tent which was erected, there was the candlestick, and the table, and the bread of the presence; and this was called the sanctuary; but the inner tent, which was within the veil of the second door, was called the Holy of Holies; and there was in it the golden censer and the ark of the covenant, all overlaid with gold; and in it the golden urn containing the manna, and the rod of Aaron which budded, and the tables of the covenant; and over it the cherubim of glory, overshadowing the mercy seat; but there is not time to speak particularly of each of the things which were so arranged; and into the outer tent the priests, at all times, entered, and performed their ministration; but into the inner tent, once a year only, the high priest entered, with the blood which he offered for himself, and for the faults of the people; and by this Yahweh indicated, that the way to the true Holy of Holies was not yet manifested, so long as the first tent was standing; and it was a symbol, for that time, during which oblation and sacrifices were offered that could not make perfect the conscience of him who offered them; but they consisted only in food and drink, and in various ablutions; which are ordinances of the flesh, and were imposed until the time of a reformation; but the Messiah, became the high priest of the good things, which Yahweh wrought; and Yeshua entered into a greater and more perfect tent, which was not made with hands, and was not of these created things; and Yeshua did not enter with the blood of goats and calves; but with the blood of himself, Yeshua entered once into the Holy of Holies, and obtained eternal redemption; for if the blood of goats and calves, with the ashes of a heifer was sprinkled upon them that were defiled, and sanctified them as to the purification of their flesh; then how much more will the blood of the Messiah, who offered himself without blemish to Yahweh, purge our conscience from dead works, so that we may serve the living Yahweh?

And for this reason Yeshua became the mediator of the new covenant, that he might by his death be redemption, to them who had transgressed the first covenant; so that they, who are called to the eternal inheritance, might receive the promise; for where a covenant is presented, it shows the death of its victim; for it is valid, only of a deceased victim; because it has no use so long as its victim lives; for this reason, not even the first covenant was confirmed without blood; for when Moses had given every precept to all the people according to the law; Moses took the blood of a heifer and water with scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled it upon the scrolls, and upon all the people; saying, "This is the blood of the covenant that Yahweh now makes with you concerning all these commands." With that blood Moses also sprinkled upon the tent, and upon all the vessels of ministration; because everything, according to the law, is purified with blood; and without the shedding of blood, there is no remission; for it was necessary that these, the emblems of heavenly things, should be purified, with those things; but the heavenly things themselves, with sacrifices superior to them; for the Messiah entered not into the Holy of Holies made with hands, which is the emblem of the true one; but Yeshua entered into heaven itself to appear before Yahweh for our sakes. Not so that Yeshua should offer himself many times, as does the high priest who enters into the Holy of Holies every year with blood which is not his own; otherwise, Yeshua must have suffered many times, since the commencement of the age; but now in the end of the age, Yeshua has once offered himself in sacrifice, to abolish sin; and, as it is appointed to men, that they must once die, and after their death, the judgment; so also the Messiah was once offered; and, Yeshua immolated the sins of many; so that at his second coming he shall appear without our sins, for in the law there was a shadow of the good things to come; not the substance of the things themselves. Therefore, although the same sacrifices were every year offered, they could never perfect those who offered them; for if they had once been perfected they would have ceased from their offerings; for, from henceforth their minds would not have driven them into the sins from which they had once been purified; but in those sacrifices, they every year recognized their sins; for the blood of bulls and of goats cannot purge away sins; for by this Yahweh's pleasure, we are sanctified; through the offering of the body of Yeshua the Messiah a single time; for every high priest who stood and ministered daily, offered again and again the same sacrifices, which never were sufficient to purge away sins; but this priest offered one sacrifice for sins, and forever sat down at the right hand of Yahweh; and thenceforth waits, until his foes should be placed as a footstool under his feet; for by one offering, Yeshua has perfected forever, them who are sanctified by him. Now, where there is a remission of sins, there is no offering for sin demanded. We have therefore, my brethren, assurance in entering into the sanctuary, by the blood of Yeshua, and by a way of life, which he has now consecrated for us, through the veil, that is his flesh; and we have a high priest over the house of Yahweh. Let us, therefore draw near with a true heart and with the confidence of believing, being sprinkled as to our hearts, and pure from an evil conscience, and our body being washed with pure water; and let us persevere in the profession of our hope, and not waver; for Yahweh is faithful who has made the promise to us; and let us look on each other, for the excitement of love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is customary of some; but exhorting one another, and so much the more, as you see that day approaching; for if a man, voluntarily sin, after he has received a knowledge of the truth, there is no longer a sacrifice which may be offered for sins, but the fearful judgment impends, and the zeal of fire that consumes the adversaries; for if he, who transgressed the law of Moses, died without mercies, at the mouth of two or three witness; how much more, think you, capital punishment will he receive who has trodden under foot the son of Yahweh, and has considered the blood of his new covenant, through which he has been sanctified, as ordinary blood, and has treated the grace of Yahweh with contumely? It is very terrible, to fall into the hands of the living Yahweh! Therefore, recollect you the former days, those in which having been illuminated, and endured a great conflict of sufferings, with reproach and affliction; and you were a gazing stock, and also were the associates of persons who endured these things; and you cheerfully endured the plundering of your goods, because you knew that you had a possession in heaven, superior and not transitory. Cast not away, therefore, the confidence that you have, for it has a great reward; for you have need of patience; that you may do the pleasure of Yahweh, and may receive the promise; but we are not of that drawing-back, which leads to perdition; but of that believing, which makes us possess our soul.

Now believing is the persuasion of the things that are in hope, as if they were in act; and it is the manifestness of the things not seen, and for it the ancients are well testified of; for by believing, we understand that the ages were framed by the word of Yahweh; and that things seen, originated from those that are not seen. By believing, Abel offered to Yahweh a better sacrifice than that of Cain; and as a result of it, he is testified of that he was righteous, and Yahweh bore testimony to his offering; and in consequence thereof though dead he yet speaks. By believing, Enoch walked with Yahweh; then he was no more, for Yahweh took him; for, before he was no more, there was testimony of him, that he pleased Yahweh; but, without believing, a man cannot please Yahweh; for he that draws near to Yahweh, must believe his existence, and that he will recompense those who seek him. By believing Noah, when he was told of things not seen feared; and he made himself an ark, for the life of his household; whereby he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is by believing. By believing Abraham, when he was called, obeyed, and departed to the place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he departed, while he knew not whither he was going. By believing, he became a resident in the land that was promised him, as in a foreign land; and abode in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; for he looked for the city that has a foundation, of which the builder and maker is Yahweh. By believing, Sarah also, who was barren, acquired strength to receive seed; and, out of the time of her years, she brought forth; because she firmly believed, that Yahweh was faithful who had promised her. Therefore, from one man failing through age, numbers were born, like the stars in the heavens, and like the sand of the shore of the sea, which is innumerable. All these died in believing, and received not their promise; but they saw it afar off, and rejoiced in it; and they confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth; for they who speak so declare plainly that they seek a country for themselves; and if they had a desire for that very country from which they went out, they had opportunity to return again and go to it; but now it is manifest that they longed for a better country than that, namely, for that which is in heaven. Therefore Yahweh did not refuse to be called their Yahweh; for he prepared for them a city. By believing Abraham, in his trial, offered up Isaac; and he laid on the altar his only son, whom he had received by promise; for it had been said to him, "For it is through Isaac that offspring shall be continued for you;" and he reasoned with himself, it is possible for Yahweh even to raise the dead; and because of this, Isaac was restored to him. By believing in what was to be, Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau. By believing Jacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and bowed himself on the top of his staff. By believing Joseph, when dying, was mindful of the departure of the children of Israel, and gave direction concerning his bones. By believing the parents of Moses, after he was born, hid him three months; because they saw he was a goodly child; and they were not deterred by the command of the king. By believing Moses when he came to manhood, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, and he chose to be in affliction with the people of Yahweh, and not to live luxuriously in sin for a short season; and he esteemed the reproach of the Messiah a greater treasure than the hoarded riches of Egypt; for he looked upon the recompense of reward. By believing, he forsook Egypt, and was not terrified by the wrath of the king; and he continued to hope, just as if he saw the invisible Yahweh. By believing, they kept the Passover, and the sprinkling of blood, that he who destroyed the first-born might not approach them. By believing, they passed through the Reed Sea, as on dry land; and in it the Egyptians were swallowed up, when they dared to enter it. By believing, the walls of Jericho fell down, when they had been encompassed seven days. By believing Rahab, the harlot, perished not with them who believed not, when she received the spies in peace.

What more is there to say? For there is little time to tell of Gideon, and of Barak, and of Sampson, and Jephtha, and of David, and of Samuel, and of the other prophets; who, by believing, conquered kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, routed the camps of enemies, restored to women their sons, raised people from the dead; while others died through tortures not hoping for deliverance, that their might be for them a better resurrection; others endured mockings and scourgings; still others were delivered to bonds and imprisonment; some were stoned, some were sawn apart, some died by the edge of the sword; others wandered about, wearing sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, afflicted and tormented, of whom the world was not worthy; and yet they were as wanderers in the desert, and in mountains, and in caves, and in caverns of the earth; and all these, of whose believing there is testimony, received not the promise, because Yahweh had provided the aid for us; so that without us they should not perfected. It occurred in the days of Herod, the king of Judah, a priest, whose name was Zachariah, of the ministration of the house of Abijah; and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth; and they were both upright before Yahweh, and walked in all his commandments, and in the righteousness of Yahweh, without reproach; but they had no child, because Elisabeth was barren; and they were both advanced in life; and it occurred, that as he performed the priestly functions in the order of his ministration before Yahweh, according to the usage of the priesthood, it fell to him to offer the incense; and he went into the holy place, and the whole multitude of the people were praying without, at the time of incense; and the angel of Yahweh appeared to Zachariah, standing on the right side of the altar of incense; and when Zachariah saw him, he was agitated, and fear fell upon him; and the angel said to him, "Fear not, Zachariah; for your prayer is heard, and your wife Elisabeth will bear you a son, and you will call his name John; and you will have joy and gladness; and many will rejoice at his birth; for he will be great before Yahweh; and he will not drink wine nor strong drink, and he will have power from on high upon him, while he is still in the womb of his mother; and many Israeltes he will cause to turn to Yahweh; and he will go before them with power, yea, the powerful power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of parents to their children, and those who are disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous; and he will prepare a true people for the Messiah." And Zachariah said to the angel, "How shall I know this? For I am old, and my wife is advanced in life." And the angel answered, saying to him, "I am Gabriel, who stand before Yahweh; and I am sent to converse with you, and to tell you these things. Henceforth you will be dumb, and unable to speak, until the day when these things take place because you did not believe these my words, which will be fulfilled in their time." And all the people were standing and waiting for Zachariah; and they wondered at his tarrying so long in the holy place; and when Zachariah came forth, he could not speak with them; and they understood that he had seen a vision in the holy place; and he made many signs to them, and remained speechless; and when the days of his ministration were accomplished, he came to his house; and it was after those days, that Elisabeth his wife conceived, and she secluded herself five months; and she said, "These things has Yahweh done for me, in the days when he looked upon me to take away my reproach among men."

Now in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent by Yahweh into Galilee, to a city named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary; and the angel entered the house, and said to her, "Peace to you, you full of grace; Yahweh is with you, blessed one among women." And when she saw him, she was agitated by his speech; and she pondered, what this salutation could mean; and the angel said to her, "Fear not, Mary; for you have found favor with Yahweh; for lo, you will conceive in your womb, and will bear a son, and will call his name Yeshua. He will be great, and will be called the son of Yahweh, and Yahweh will give him the throne of his father David; and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his reign there will be no end." Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, as I have not known a man?" The angel replied, saying to her, "Power from on high will come, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh will overshadow you; therefore he that is born of you is holy, and will be called the son of Yahweh; and lo, Elisabeth your kinswoman, even she too has conceived a son in her old age; and this is the sixth month with her who is called barren; for nothing is impossible for Yahweh." Mary said, "I am the handmaid of Yahweh; be it to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her; and Mary arose in those days and went hastily to the mountain district, to a city of Judah; and entered the house of Zachariah, and saluted Elisabeth; and it was so, that when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, that babe leaped in her womb, and power from on high came upon her; and she cried out with a loud voice, and said to Mary, "Blessed one among women; and blessed is the fruit of your womb; and whence is this to me that the mother of the Messiah should come to me? For lo, as the voice of your salutation fell upon my ears, with great joy the babe leaped in my womb; and happy is she that believed; for there will be a fulfillment of those things that were told her by Yahweh; and I myself rejoices in Yahweh, the author of my life; for he has looked upon the humble condition of his handmaid; and lo, henceforth all generations will ascribe blessedness to me; and he that is mighty has done for me great things; and holy is his name; and his mercy is for generations of generations, on them that reverence him. He has wrought victory with his arm; and has scattered the proud in the imagination of their heart. He has cast down the mighty from their thrones, and has exalted the lowly. The hungry has he satisfied with good things, and the rich has he sent away empty. He has aided Israel his servant, and remembered his mercy, just as he spoke with the fathers, with Abraham and his seed, forever." And Mary remained with Elisabeth about three months, and returned to her home.

And Elisabeth's time of bringing forth arrived; and she bore a son; and her neighbors and relatives heard that Yahweh had magnified his mercy to her, and they rejoiced with her; and it occurred, that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the babe; and they called him by the name of his father, Zachariah; and his mother answered and said, "Not so; but John, shall he be called." And they said to her, "There is no one among your kindred called by that name." And they made signs to his father, how he would have him named; and he asked for a tablet, and wrote, John is his name. And immediately his mouth was opened, and his tongue and he spoke, and praised Yahweh; and fear came upon all their neighbors; and these things were talked of in all the mountain district of Judah; and all who heard, pondered them in their heart, and said, "What will this child be?" And the hand of Yahweh was with him; and power from on high came upon Zachariah his father, and prophesied, and said, "Blessed be Yahweh of Israel, for he has looked on his people, and wrought a deliverance for them; and he has raised up a horn of deliverance for us in the house of his servant David; just as he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets, who have been for ages, that he would deliver us from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; and he has exercised his mercy to our fathers, and has remembered his holy covenants, and the oath that he sware to Abraham our father, that he would grant to us, to be delivered from the hand of our enemies; and that we should worship before Yahweh without fear, all our days, in rectitude and uprightness; and you, child, will be called a prophet of Yahweh; for you will go before the face of the Messiah, to prepare his way, that he may give the knowledge of life to his people, and forgiveness of their sins, through the compassion of the mercy of our Yahweh; whereby the sprout from Jesse will grow among us, to give light to them that sit in darkness, and in the shadow of death; and to guide our feet into the way of peace." And the babe grew, and was strengthen in character; and he was in the wilderness, until the day of his manifestation to Israel.

And the birth of Yeshua the Messiah was thus. While his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they had cohabited, she was found to be with child by Yahweh; and Joseph her husband was a righteous man, and unwilling to expose her; and he thought of putting her away privately; and while he contemplated these things, an angel of Yahweh appeared to him in a dream, and said to him, "Joseph, son of David, fear not to take Mary your wife; for that which is conceived in her is from power, yea, the powerful power of Yahweh; and she will bear a son; and you will call his name Yeshua, for he will resuscitate his people from their sins." And when Joseph rose from his sleep, he did as the angel of Yahweh commanded him, and took his wife; and he knew her not, until she had borne her firstborn son; and in those days it occurred, that a decree went forth from Augustus Caesar, that all the people of his dominion should be enrolled; and this enrollment was first made under the governorship of Quirinus in Syria; and everyone went to his own city to be enrolled; and Joseph also went up from Nazareth of Galilee to Judah, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; because he was of the house and lineage of David, with Mary his espoused, then pregnant, to be enrolled; and it was while they were there, that the days for her to bring forth were completed; and she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in bandages, and laid him in the stall; for they had no place where they could lodge, and there were shepherds in that region, who abode there and kept watch of their flocks by night; and lo, the angel of Yahweh came to them, and the glory of Yahweh shone upon them; and they feared with great fear; and the angel said to them, "Fear not; for, behold I announce to you great joy, which will be to all Israel; for there is born to you this day a deliverer, who is Yahweh's Anointed, in the city of David; and this is the sign for you; you will find the babe wrapped in bandages, and placed in a stall." And instantly there were seen with the angel, the many hosts of heaven, praising Yahweh, and saying, "Glory to Yahweh in the highest, and good hope for men." And it was so, that when the angels had gone from them into heaven, the shepherds conferred with one another, and said, "Let us go down to Bethlehem, and see this thing which has occurred, as Yahweh has made known to us." And they came hastily, and found Mary and Joseph, and the babe laid in the stall; and when they saw they made known the information which was given to them concerning the child; and all that heard, wondered at the things that were told them by the shepherds; and Mary laid up all these things, and pondered them in her heart; and the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising Yahweh for all that they had seen and heard, as it was told them; and when the eight days for the circumcision of the babe were completed, his name was called Yeshua; as he was named by the angel, before he was conceived in the womb; and when the days of their purification were completed, according to the law of Moses, they carried him to Jerusalem to present him before Yahweh; as it is written in the law of Yahweh, "Consecrate to me every first-born; man and beast, the first issue of every womb among the Israelites is mine." And to offer a sacrifice, according as it is written in the law of Yahweh, "If, however, her means do not suffice for a lamb in its first year, she shall take two turtledoves or two pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a purification offering." And there was a certain man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and this man was upright and just, and was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and power from on high was upon him; and it had been told him by Yahweh, that he would not see death until he should see Yahweh's Anointed. This man was led by Yahweh to the temple courts; and when his parents bought in the babe Yeshua, to do for him as is commanded in the law, he took him in his arms, and blessed Yahweh, and said, "My Yahweh, now release you your servant in peace, as you have said; for lo, my eyes have seen your mercy, which you have prepared in the presence of all nations, a light for a revelation to the Gentiles, and a glory for your people Israel." And Joseph and his mother were astonished at those things which were spoken concerning him; and Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set forth for the fall and for the rising of many in Israel, and for a standard of contention; and also a dart will pierce your own soul; that the thoughts of the hearts of many may be disclosed." And Hannah the prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher, she also was aged in days, and, from her maidenhood, had lived seven years with her husband, and was a widow of about eighty and four years, and departed not from the temple courts, but worshipped by day and by night with fasting and prayer; and she too stood up, in that hour, and gave thanks to Yahweh, and spoke of Yeshua to everyone that waited for the deliverance of Jerusalem; and when they had accomplished all things, according to the law of Yahweh, they returned to Galilee, to their city Nazareth.

Now, when Yeshua having been born in Bethlehem of Judah, in the days of Herod the king, there came Magi from the East unto Jerusalem saying, "Where is the Messiah of the israelites that is born? For we have seen his star in the East, and have come to adore him." And Herod the king heard, and he was disturbed; and all Jerusalem with him; and he assembled all the chiefs of the priests and the scribes of the people, and inquired of them, "Where is the birthplace of the Messiah?" And they said, "In Bethlehem of Judah; for here it is written in the prophet, 'And you, O Bethlehem of Ephrath, least among the clans of Judah, from you one shall come forth to rule Israel for me.'" Then Herod privately called the Magi, and learned from them at what time the star appeared to them; and he sent them to Bethlehem, and said to them, "Go, search diligently for the boy; and when you have found him, come and tell me, that I also may go and adore him." And they, when they had heard from the king, went forward; and lo, the star they had seen in the East went before them, until it came and stood over where the boy was; and when they saw the star, they rejoiced much, with great joy; and they entered the house and they saw the boy with Mary, his mother; and they fell down and adored him; and they opened their treasures, and presented to him gifts, gold, and myrrh, and frankincense; and it was shown them in a dream that they should not return to Herod; and by another way they returned to their country; and when they were gone, an angel of Yahweh appeared to Joseph in a dream, and said to him, "Arise, take the boy and his mother, and flee into Egypt; and be you there until I tell you; for Herod will seek for the boy, to destroy him." Then Joseph arose, took the boy and his mother, by night, and fled to Egypt; and he was there until the death of Herod.

Then Herod, when he saw that he had been deluded by the Magi, was very angry; and he sent and slew all the sons in Bethlehem, and in all its confines, from a boy of two years and under, according to the time that he had carefully learned from the Magi; but when king Herod was dead, an angel of Yahweh appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, and said to him, "Arise, take the boy and his mother, and go into the land of Israel; for they are dead who sought the life of the boy." And Joseph arose, and took the boy and his mother, and went to the land of Israel; but when Joseph heard that Archelaus was king in Judah, instead of his father Herod, he feared to go there; and it was revealed to him in a dream, that he should go into the land of Galilee, to their city Nazareth; and the boy grew, and was strengthened in character, and was filled with wisdom; and the favor of Yahweh was upon him; and Yeshua's people went up to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the Passover; and when Yeshua was twelve years old, they went up to the feast, as they were accustomed; and when the days were completed, they returned; but Yeshua remained at Jerusalem, and Joseph and his mother knew not of it, for they supposed he was with his companions; and when they had travelled a day's journey, they sought him among their people, and inquired of everyone that knew them; and they did not find him; and they returned again to Jerusalem, searching for him; and after three days, they found him in the temple courts, sitting in the midst of the teachers, and listening to them, and asking them questions; and all they that heard him, were astonished at his wisdom and his answers; and when they saw him they were amazed; and his mother said to him, "My son, why have you done so to us? For lo, I and your father have been seeking for you with great anxiety." Yeshua said to them, "Why did you seek me? Do you not know, that it behooves me to be in my Father's house?" But they did not comprehend the words that he spoke to them; and he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother laid up all these things in her heart; and Yeshua increased in stature, and in wisdom, and in favor, before Yahweh and men.

Edited by teachmevp

Hi teachmevp. This is where my curiosity meets your first post.

Are you writing us a book? or copying one you like to us?

What's up with the "Y's" [told you I'm curious] - I know the Hebrew names but I've always thought people that insisted on using them in English are being snotty or they are tired and lazy like me when I write in Gaeilge rather than English.

"What more is there to say?" ~ Well, you wrote "Chapter 1"...... so I'm going with the idea that that's a silly statement.

Are you awarfe that your book seems a lot like parts of another one I read? Pretty good book actually.....

God first

thanks teachmevp

I enjoying those words of ? because I one question I tried to look up

to find more about this work

Is the book your or it something wrote a long ago

because that importance to us

but will try even if you have it poorly translator

there soul it could be poor translator

because is in the blood only it life that gives it life

so spirit be better word

spirit is image that come out from the self or out of the blood of Christ

so think about it

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Hi Gen-2,

What a trip, that would be shotty to insist on using the Y's; I guess their is no letter J in the Hebrew, so why not the Y's? It's like when you play that sax; as you are play a song and you hear a gap, you do not think about playing that gap, you just play the hell out of that gap in that song; that is what the Y's are in my life, when I am not playing that gap with my heart, one of those Y's lets me know, and the other Y reminds me I need to examine my reed, but if my reed crakes, he got the hook up. I am writing you a book, I actually am using 8 books and 2 chapters of another book in this writing.

This may be interesting Teachmevp, but I am not going to take time to read through your stuff right now.

As an observation,VP wasn't exactly big on being clear about his sources either. :mellow: (That emoticon is to show that your response will tell me more, and that for present I am not intending any judgment.)

For me, even when people I know I respect cite their sources as they post a teaching I tend to slip into "Eyes glazing over mode" pretty quickly. But when folks share something about themselves it tends to get my interest.

Heck, for me, as The Way International and "River Road Fellowship" (See thread in "My Story" if you wish) has proved to me is that the intentions of the teacher are of paramount importance, not how good they happen to put together a teaching.

Hi Jeff,

I got concerned, one night I was stumbling and bubbling on the internet and came across - Christine Hayes, a free course from Yale. This woman taught the Tanakh translation of the Old Testament, mind bending stuff. Now my concern is this, it seems that everybody uses that Greek translation of the Old Testament, but when one uses that Tanakh translation, one sees a lot of stuff being taught, that is not in the Tanakh translation. I cook for a living, I am no teacher. I can not even say the word Tanakh, how sad, did way to much acid in my youth, but my Father somehow, wow.

OK, well I hope things go good for you here at GSC, Teachmevp.

But ya just never know fer sure. :B)