GreaseSpot Cafe

Superiority Teaching?

What are your thoughts on how the way is still caught up in this part of the text of Hebrews?

In the thread of The Author of Life Everlasting (1), I took out that superiority teaching, because

it is not in the old testament, a cool research the way would not dare to under take?

What are your thoughts on how the way is still caught up in this part of the text of Hebrews?

In the thread of The Author of Life Everlasting (1), I took out that superiority teaching, because

it is not in the old testament, a cool research the way would not dare to under take?

Which specific verses are you referring to? What specifically does TWI teach about those verses that you disagree with?

Love,

Steve

Hi Steve, I wrote this, Hebrews 1:1-3:15;

From of old, Yahweh spoke to the Israelites fathers by the prophets in every manner,

and in all ways; but in these later days, Yahweh has conversed with us, by his son; whom Yahweh has constituted

heir of all things, and when Yeshua made a purgation of sins, then Yeshua sat down on the right hand of Yahweh.

Wherefore, my brethren, who are called with a calling that is from heaven, consider this high priest of our profession,

Yeshua the Messiah; because Yahweh has said, "O, if you would but heed my charge this day; do not be stubborn as

at Meribah, in the wilderness, when your fathers put me to the test, tried me, though they had seen my deeds. Forty

years I was provoked by that generation; I thought, they are a senseless people; they would not know my ways.

Concerning them, I swore in anger, they shall never come to my resting-place!" Beware, therefore, my brethren, lest

there be in any of us an evil heart that believes not, and we depart from the living Yahweh; but we need to examine

ourselves all the days, during the day which is called today; and let none of us be hardened, through the deceitfulness

of sin; for we have part with the Messiah, if we persevere in this firm confidence, from the beginning to the end; as it

was said, "O, if you woud but heed my charge this day," do not harden your hearts to anger Yahweh.

That is without the superiority teaching, their is no con in this context, the way would have to keep the superiority teaching to

contenue their con. Work the verses that are missing back in, and you will see this superiority teaching, the Messiah's

superiority is covered in Hebrew, but later on?

I guess I don't understand what the Superiority teaching is, or is about.

Here, Paul is writing to the Hebrews - Jews who had accepted the Messiah, reminding them of the OT and things that happened. Israel's Hope was still the return of Christ coming in Glory if they repented. I see nothing wrong with anything written so far. Just laying out things that happened.

Also, remember, the Mystery had not been revealed to Paul when this was written.

At this point when Hebrews was written - it was inconceivable, no one had even imagined that Israel would reject its Messiah and His Kingdom. That was unthinkable.

Of course, we know that is what happened. We also know, Israel was put aside (Acts 28 - the prophecy is repeated a third time, the first two by Jesus, now by Paul, regarding Israel, hearing they will not hear, seeing they will not see, etc.). We know after Israel was set aside, Christ is now the head of a new creation, the new "one body" and Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles of this good news.

So, keep in mind, when this was written to the Hebrews - they were told, and knew according to the O.T. prophecy, that Messiah would be coming soon in glory - Paul was telling the Jews to stay strong, hang in he's coming, don't turn away.

Of course, we now know, they turned away and rejected Messiah and his Kingdom. But, there is a day coming when they won't - after this parenthesis, this age of grace, is over.

They will turn to him and he will come in Glory and they will step into the Revelation time period, God will deal with Jew and Gentile, and the prophecies will all be fulfilled.

I think Hebrews is a wonderful book that beautifully lays out from the OT who the Messiah was, and who he was then and what he did - I think if I were a Jew reading that in that time, I may have believed that the man who my people had crucified truly was the Messiah. Paul lays out a great case. It blows my mind what he did after his resurrection as told in Hebrews.

I see no superiority in this whatsover.

Maybe I don't understand the superiority doctrine. Or, maybe the author of the "superiority doctrine" doesn't understand what happened and which age, or section of time, along God's timeline we are in right now.

Edited by Sunesis

Good to hear from you Sunesis, I took out Heb. 1:4-2:18; 3:2-3:6; the Trinity added those verses.

In the Jewish Study Bible, none of these verses are in the old testament, the Trinity was trying to

bring Yeshua up to the same as bring Yahweh, as being one, not one in purpose as I showed.