GreaseSpot Cafe

thank you, my friends

potato

I've been deeply introspective since I heard about Paw's plans to retire GCS. it seems like my last chance to share with you, who've been a major support for me as I've left twi and the cult lifestyle... there is much I'd like to say but can't. I'd like to describe the life I lived, because I know you'd understand. I'd like to tell you where I suffered and who abused me, but in my present circumstances it could be risky, so I'll embrace the comfort of knowing that if I were to speak, I would be understood.

I really shall miss all of you very much. thanks for being here over the past five years.

I'd like to tell you where I suffered and who abused me, but in my present circumstances it could be risky, so I'll embrace the comfort of knowing that if I were to speak, I would be understood.

I really shall miss all of you very much. thanks for being here over the past five years.

Yes, even if you can't talk about it, it is enough to climb onto a stool in the cafe, share a cuppa java, and know that the unspoken is understood.

I have not been here often for the past several years, but I've been a "regular" since Waydale, and a 'spotter since it closed. I had to move on from GSC after a bit in order to begin my new life. I come back occasionally for a C[_] and a @, and don't say much, but observe. It has been nice to see that the healing continues. Folks like ExTWI and Pawtucket have given us a forum to expose what happened to us, discuss, learn to debate, to think on our own, to speak up and speak out, and to reclaim lives that were stolen from us.

It's not easy to manage this kind of establishment. It is not without risk-- legal, financial, social, political, and emotional-- but ExTWI and Pawtucket both took it on, because they recognized a huge need. But doing this extracts a price from you, and eventually you have to walk away from it so you can do other things. ExTWI had to move on in order to reclaim his life. Now, Paw needs to hang up his apron so he can go fishing and enjoy the sunshine as well. When ExTWI closed his door, Paw opened his. So now, when Paw needs to retire, someone else, I am sure, will step up and fill this need.

You know who you are. Get going. You can do it. As long as TWI exists, they will continue to generate damage that needs to be exposed and healed. Paw is handing off the baton. Grab it and run.

Edited by Catcup

Potato - - I certainly understand about circumstances. Perhaps you've read the thread about "10 Years Ago". Those incidents occurred during the early summer of 1998....but I didn't speak up at first since I wanted to preserve the ability of either of my "cubs" to sue if they wanted to....and I just wanted to be silent. A couple of years after that, I was again employed as a high school teacher.

That would have been the last paycheck I ever saw if my high school had seen cult type activity in my background. Not knowing the specifics of your situation may postpone your full sharing of your story, but sooner or later, circumstances may change and you will be able to move ahead.

In fact there is a new site being formed.

Look at http:\\www.exwayvision.com

Edited by krys