GreaseSpot Cafe

free

year2027

from Atheist board

That video sent up a red flag for me big-time.

I've learned from many years of seedy infomercials that whenever you see a commercial (in this case the video) set up with a fake host doing a fake interview throwing softball questions to be answered, that something is up. These infomercials usually try to sink their pitch in with constant repetition of a point, like in this video.

At 0:47 when asking about what it costs to enter the course, he answers very carefully, "you enter with no fees". Then later says at 1:52, "we do collect money from ourselves, meaning, those who are in the wisdom of Kabbalah and understand that it can bring humanity goodness, then out of vara and love, out of our transformation from hatred, from all these battles between human beings, to a desire to help everyone, to love, then we collect each one as is capable of".

Then when the "host" asks if he has a nice house or a nice car it is classic infomercial tactic. Why he would even ask that a question like that if they were not trying to persuade people to further a pitch is beyond me. Very tacky.

Also, any infomercial/site/etc. that has a "testimonials" area is another big red flag to things being more than they seem. Like this one o kab.tv: KAB Testimonials

This led me to want to check out their terms of service for the course, and found this:

"3. Fees. You acknowledge that Bnei Baruch reserves the right to charge for any portion of the Bnei Baruch Services and to change its fees (if any) from time to time in its discretion. Bnei Baruch will notify you in advance if any such charges shall be applied to any of Bnei Baruch Services, and will not make any charge you don't know agree or consent to. If Bnei Baruch terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of fees or payments (if any)."

Fees; not "you can pay if you want to, but you don't have to".

A bit later in the terms of service, "In addition, you agree and acknowledge that Bnei Baruch may send messages including, but not limited to, notifications, special offers, promotions, commercial advertisements, and marketing materials, in connection with the Bnei Baruch Services."

"The emails we send will include special offers, promotions, updates on services offered, invitations to join other promotional programs, and notification of upcoming events."

Just some food for thought. I've tried to stay far away from the c-u-l-t word.