GreaseSpot Cafe

Stupid Microsoft...

Mister P-Mosh

If you run Windows XP, click here and download the XPdite program. It appears that Microsoft's "Help Center" can be used to delete all the files on your system.

I tried out the bug by creating a directory called test, then made a URL that used the help center program to the test directory, and it wiped out all the files in that directory.

• 4 weeks later...

hey, Igotout...

If you have an spare month you should read the "updated" EULA (end user license agreement (that thing that you have to acknowledge that you have read and understood before you can install just about any piece of software on the planet, but that nobody ever really reads save lawyers and ubernerds)) that is included with service pack 1 for XP. It basically says that Microsoft can, at any time, alter your operating system and or the software on your computer. Hospitals can't use SP1 because of the new EULA. It contradicts other EULA's that they are bound to by law.

The new one is just scary enough for Holloween...

quote:
Originally posted by afterburner:

hey, Igotout...

If you have an spare month you should read the "updated" EULA (end user license agreement (that thing that you have to acknowledge that you have read and understood before you can install just about any piece of software on the planet, but that nobody ever really reads save lawyers and ubernerds)) that is included with service pack 1 for XP. It basically says that Microsoft can, at any time, alter your operating system and or the software on your computer. Hospitals can't use SP1 because of the new EULA. It contradicts other EULA's that they are bound to by law.

The new one is just scary enough for Holloween...

Of course, my EULA to gain access on my computer says that whoever connects waives their right to do that, plus it gives me the ability to charge whatever amount of money I want as a fee for using my resources.