GreaseSpot Cafe

Registrations

Guest Administrator

Guest Admin

There are a few issues with registration that I would like to address.

First, when you register, in your reply there is a place to verify your email address. Please respond to that, it will make the registration process move quicker.

If you are an AOL or Compuserve member, the verification does not work. Sooo what you need to do is register and then send me an email to cyberlarson@yahoo.com right after that from the email addy that you are registering and I will manually verify you.

Next, I took some extra steps security-wise to protect the users here. I will not approve registrations that are duplicates from the same IP address unless I know of it ahead of time. Obviously there may be multiple GS posters at one address, I am trying to avoid someone coming in and acting like they are someone else, so that is a safeguard that I have in place. It is not fool proof, but it has helped in a number of cases in the past week or so. So if you were registered under a different name on the old GS and are using a different name on the new forum, let me know. There are a number of people registering that are being held at this moment for that reason. I don't have a problem with that, but am trying to ensure some security.

I know it is a pain in the you know where, but I want to avoid people's identities from being stolen. There are a number of posters that I think are the most likely to have their screenname hijacked and I am filtering their IP's as a double check. In fact, Robi was one of the ones I was monitoring and she tried to register when she was at the conference. I simply emailed her to make sure she was the one registering and straightened it out in a day.

Overall the registering is going smoothly. There are lots of new features as well as the loss of a few others. But ultimately, I think this is a much better set up.