GreaseSpot Cafe

a question to former Wayfers

E. W. Bullinger

My fellowship is not very high on the devil spirit thing either nor do they believe Christians can even be "possessed". (Although after LCM, Rivenbark, Platig and whoever, it makes me take a second look...)

I like what I hear about Hendricks, though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I've encountered since moving here to Charleston, Ill to be near my family.

First I checked for any believers that were known to live here but that was a dead end. Then, I 'attended' a few Churches which I didn't much care for. I dunno, they seemed typically religious like, going through the Sunday morning motions. A couple of yrs went by and I was going crazy! I made it to a splinter fellowship up by Chicago and literally sobbed when we opened with the usual singing. I didn't realize how much I was missing the sweetness and tenderness available in a 'loving' group of believers.

Then, I heard about a Church that was expanding from a little town nearby but they were needing to use the High School auditorium here because of all of their growth. So, I went to one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it was mainly cuz I was more humbled and my heart was turned towards God more than I was mentally 'rightly dividing' their meeting..

I studied the background of the Church and met with the Pastor. He keeps himself readily accessible to people. I've offered some help but he balked a little when I mentioned The Way schooling I've had esp on the issue of Jesus not being God. I walked tactifully with that one yet planted a seed, I think. But, his literature straightly says that they don't want to get involved in splitting hairs on doctrine. Overall, the Pastor does most all of the teachings and he keeps it on righteousness in Christ and stays plugged into things outside his own Church to bring into it. He has a men's meeting on Wednesdays at noon. We went through that best selling book that's out The Purpose Driven Life and had open discussion along the way (where I have been quite outspoken).

I am at the place though where I don't mind getting involved there but I am still wanting to find a fellowship that has manifestations. Since I have no real responsibilities or real roots here (I'm single) I'm looking at a move somewhere.

Maybe someone here can recommend a place. I am looking closely at St Petersburg area. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.