GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL Dec 77

anothen

Seventeen years old, Six months prior was released from Gainsville State School serving a year and a month for robbery. During which time I became interested in the Bible and requested a Bible from Chaplain Ray of the International Prison Ministry.

As I began reading, questions developed. About that time, a movie was presented called "The Cross and the Switchblade", the true story of a minister whom God spoke to audibly to go to the streets of Harlem and teach the Gospel. This inspired me and I became active with the schools Chaplain and in his church.

I began to start asking questions about the bible to various people at the school and was met by many different answers, one of the questions delt specifically about speaking in tongues. When the chaplain found out he sat me down and eye to eye said "We don't believe in that, we are Baptists, we don't believe in that kind of stuff" this upset me so much, I went back to my room very upset and prayed to God, "I want to know the truth" (in essence)

It was only a few days later, The bus driver, on the way to welding class, stopped and picked up two hitchikers. The bus driver, Mike, was Pentecostal. It was he who spoke to me about speaking in tongues and sparked my interest. Picking up these two hitchikers put his job well at risk. But interestingly enough, one of the hitchikers walked half way down the bus and sat down right next to me. I notice she had a bible and we exchanged addresses.

A few weeks later, I recieved a visitor who shared some bible with me, I don't even remember what was taught, but her daughter was about nine years old and it was the first time I had ever hear anyone speak in tongues. That caught my attention and sparked my interest even further.

I was released that July, December I took PFAL. (to be continued)

Seventeen years old working part time at Dairy Queen after school, I managed to scrape together $100 to take this class.

Two WOW girls faithfully took me to each session.

Question after question began to get answered at each session of the class. The more answers the more excited, the more excited, the more I started talking about it.

I told my sisters. A result of which, my dad found out and literally beat my a**.

I had several contusions, fat lip, black eye.

He said "I don't want you hanging around those devil worshippers speaking in tongues"

This about crushed me. I decided to quit the class.

I was sitting in the Dairy Queen feeling really bad. The WOW girl came to pick me up to go to class. I told her I quit and told her what happened. She left.

I was in tears really feeling bad, bout three minutes later, she dashed back into the store and said "Come on!"

I said "What?"

she said "Come on, its an emergency"

I said "What happened" she said "just come on, its an emergency"

I left with her and we went to class and I finished without missing a session.

I also manifested a day before we were led into SIT, all because someone said I could.

This was twenty five years ago, and I still remember it to this day.

Shortly after graduating PFAL, I did not continue in fellowships. In fact, I eventually went back to drugs and nearly failed to graduate high school as a result.

(continued)

Graduating high school in 79, still doing drugs, linked up with a high school sweetheart and became intiment, got a wild hair and hitchhiked accross Texas to Lubbock to a friend of hers from her childhood.

My HS sweetheart's father was on his deathbed and her mother managed to get in touch w/her and she decided to go home. In finding out she was pregnant, we decided to get married. During which time, I found a twig fellowship I started attending, and I talked her into taking the class.

When we Got married, her friend from Lubbock decided to take the class, and eventually WOW and Corps, the works. (btw, today she lives in Cedar Park TX)(also an xwfer)

After all that, still never became steady on the Word or faithful to fellowship.

Three years divorced. X and I are currently friends with two great kids in college. X never really took interest in wfer at all. Kids don't know .... about it. (whew)

(continued) *breath breath*

It was several years later when I visited my sister and she decided to take the class. This was about 84 or 85, that's when I became semi active in fellowship. This was the Garland/Mesquite area.

I took a few classes and lived with believers. We shared the same trade so we became friends.

Shortly there after, is when the .... hit the fan in TWI.

My friend and his family decided to move to CA and Separate from TWI.

Eventually I we went are separate ways and he moved back to Texas and I stayed in California. Wages were better and work was good. However, with no fellowship, I eventually went back to drugs. (ie smoking pot)

This was in the time frame of 1987 to 1990.

It was about this time I got involved in a fellowship in Costa Mesa. I started getting serious and tried to remain faithful. The fellowship was dissassociated from TWI and was good for a time.

Advanced Class in Scotland became available and I went for it.

Several years past and I went back to drugs again, got in trouble spent three years on probation.

Step father passed away and decided to move to Austin to stay with my mom. That was about Five years ago.

Got involved w/ a fellowship here in Austin, it got religious, had to quit again.

Until two years ago, had a web site called Bible_Talk. Resigned.

During which time did all my work: "Integrity of the Word" , "No Private Interpretation" , "Gift of holy spirit" and "Saved-Born Again" All of which can be viewed at my new web site called "Epourania"

For the past two years I've been Idle with my ministry, mostly for lack of interest. I have however, been free of drugs for the past 7 yrs. (yaay) and proud of it.

When I went Idle, I started internet gaming and joined a club called "Strike Force Justice" and have been active there to this day.

About a month ago a buddie at work started asking questions about the Bible. I've had to go back to work.

(continued)

(epilogue)

This is food for thought in light of what I have just written.

I have read some of the posts here at the GSC. I'll try to read more as time permits, but I can see there are a lot of issues.

I wish I could say I have all the answers, and I can provide deliverance for all issues, I can't, and won't attempt to do so.

But I will say, peoples lives are at stake. Peoples feelings, heart, health and well being are on the line, and this is why I am posting this epilogue.

When I have someone coming to me for answers about the bible, I'm going to teach them how they can study it for themselves. I've come to the place where I'm not going to provide answers to life's issues, but I'm going to point to the bible.

I'm also not going to quote anyone when it comes to the Bible. People need to learn how to study it for themselves and not rely on someone else to explain it to them.

This is why I do not affiliate myself with any organization.

I have no special ministry from God other than the ministry God gave to His people and that is to reconcile that which was separated.

You will notice I do not participate in degrading anyone, or thier ministry. Nor do I have anyone or anything I stand against. That's not my job (yaay)and(whew)

I am only in favor of the truth of the Bible.

I have no interest in having followers, $$, fame, or starting some kind of religion or church.

I can see many of you are angered at certain issues, and I'll give ear for as long as you want. You deserve your right to vent your anger and it's good that you do, and it's actually a need that you do. This is an Ideal place to do so. *ducks*

My testimony to you is that the Bible really is God's Word it it does have all of the answers to the issues of life.

[This message was edited by anothen on March 23, 2003 at 2:46.]

• 7 months later...