GreaseSpot Cafe

Rev 22:18-19

God first

Beloved All

God loves you all

Rev. 22:18-19

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues

described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

How should I take this verse because I know there are many verses saying things like this

Prov 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deu 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Ok all these books were wrote as their own book

but over a 1,000 years after Christ some were added to a book call the bible and that is a add to me

So is Rev 22:18-19 talking about the bible in whole or just itself

thanks

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

I don't believe anyone can understand what the book of revelation means. We have 1000's of ministries all claiming to understand what it means and they have different understandings. How can that be and the meanings of the book be understood?

So, if no one understands what it means then how can you add or subtract to it when there is no understanding? They are all guesses. And the guesses in most cases are big businesses.

gc

God first

Beloved GC

God bless your heart

Why do you think no one can understand the book of Rev its not that hard

What do you need to know about it

I believe you can not add or subtract from this book or and book of the bible

But about writing new books I believe it can be done

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Since the canon of scripture was not yet established at the time Revelation was written, it would follow that the warning in revelation referred only to that particular writing.

The warning/threat in Revelation does not seem to fit with the rest of what we call scripture. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me and I wonder if the threat itself was not added later by zealots. It seems more like somehting you would expect to find in the Book of Mormon or in the Koran.

The question for me is does the Book Of Revelation itself belong in the canon of scripture at all? Luther didn't seem to think so as well as others in the very early church.

Goey