GreaseSpot Cafe

Girlfriends

Belle

Oh Belle, do I ever know how you feel. I was a part of Weight Watchers 6 months before leaving twi. I made friends with a lady who I consistently saw at the same meeting I went to. I approached her and starting talking about points in certain fast foods. We decided to meet for dinner, and the rest is history. Even though I've moved to a neighboring state and got married, we are still friends and make it a point to see each other at least 2-3 times a year.

Another thing I did when I first left twi was made friends via internet dating websites. Women can search for women. I just read a couple of profiles of women in my area who seemed to have some things in common. I approached them letting them know I wasn't responding to them for romantic reasons. I made a couple of friends that way also. I think there are websites that specialize in friendships also, not just dating.

I found a very good friend in a neighbor about a year after we left. We were renting after we came back from Idaho --- remember those days...you were still in. Anyhow, (I had tme then) I saw her out in her yard and I am a gardener to, so we started talking, we since have bought a house about a mile away, but we are still close and do hot tub parties and she has become like a sister to me actually...and I to her...she refers to me as her friend who was in a cult...LOL

Lianne

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:

Tom, I asked because I wanted to read it, so this is the perfect place for that kind of post. icon_smile.gif:)-->

[Oh, good - thanks]

I love it! [i'm glad you do]

You left me wanting to read more, though.

[icon_smile.gif:)--> that's the idea]

How old were you?

I don't know - less than one year. I don't even know if it was "real," (as I said, my mom doesn't remember it & thinks it must have been a dream) but the "reality" of memory is one of the sub-themes I play with in the story. It's as real a part of my life to me as many other parts. It connects with other parts of my life more than many other parts. Who is to say it was not real? Well, my mother, obviously - but that's not the point. My first "for sure" memory happens at about the age of one - that's "chapter" two.

My first memories aren't till I was about 4 years old. I'm impressed!

BTW, I also have been told I have an addictive personality and I can see how that might be. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the situation.

I can't wait to read the later criminal incidents! Sounds like you and your Party Pals have some great stories to share [Yeah, some of it gets a little gritty, but hey - life gets gritty].

I appreciate your feedback, Belle - it's very inspirational. I'll keep going on it.

Thanks,

Tom