GreaseSpot Cafe

Convicted child abuser still has rights - please help

see me

Signature_page.docDear friends, family, co-workers and acquaintances, and those we do not know if this was forwarded on to you,

Have you ever stopped to think about this? A convicted pedophile is not allowed to work, live or otherwise be around children -- ever. If he had molested the children next door he wouldn't be allowed to EVER "go" around, write, email or in any way communicate with those children forever. Why, then, is this same convicted pedophile allowed to retain his/her parental rights, complete with custody, "alone" time and ample opportunity to abuse again (all experts agree that this sickness NEVER goes away for life). The law doesn't protect the very children that in many cases are most vulnerable![/u]

You may or may not know about a family crisis that we have been dealing with for over 2 years. While trying to live a "normal" life, our family has been dealing with the fact that our children’s father (Lisa’s ex-husband) molested the children repeatedly and over many years without Lisa's knowledge. When we found out after Lisa's divorce, we immediately took action to protect the children, he pleaded guilty and is in jail under Megan’s Law. However, there is a serious loop-hole in the law. We won the court battle but the results did not leave our children protected. The law is not protecting our children from this pedophile as he (from jail) is attempting to sue for custody through his sister (whom the children have never met and don't know and whose words in front of a judge's representative were, "he's only molested one child").

We are urging you to please read our story at: www.bateslaw.blogspot.com

We have been in contact with our Senator, Congressman, and Governor and we are now asking you for help. We need to start a petition to get the current law changed for convicted child molesters. The petition is to go around the country as we are emailing and faxing all of the senators and congressman in all states.

We have the web site (above) and a toll free fax line ready to go.

Attached to this email you will find a cover sheet and a signature page. Whether you are able to just send your signature or a several pages of signatures, all are needed. Pleased use your personal email contacts, (please remember not to spam) personal contacts and work contacts to help us out. This is going out all over the country.

We feel after you look at our link above, you too will see why it is urgent to get a new law in place which protects the children of the convicted pedophile. Many other families have experienced what we are going through right now, but NOW is the time to make a change and we believe we can do it.

Thank you for your time and thank you in advance for your help in getting thousands upon thousands of signatures!

Much love and prayers to you all,

Matt, Lisa and children

Much as I hate to be a killjoy about something as important as this, I feel I must speak up. I was listening to NPR the other day, and Diane Rehm had someone on who worked for a congressman. Perhaps, this will give what I'm about to relate more weight.

What he said was, emailing your congressperson or senator isn't worth paper it's written on. The same goes for email petitions. They (the congresspeople) don't really pay that much attention to them. The one almost guaranteed way to get their attention is to call their local campaign office. Even better than that, is putting together a thoughtful letter to him/her.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

True - email petitions do not work - that is why you must fax me a signature! :) Thanks for the info though.

What I do is call and then FAX the B.A.T.E's law write-up to the senator, congressman etc. I also have appointments with them!

I'll keep everyone updated as much as possible!

Soon- you better be seeing me on TV! :biglaugh:

Edited by see me

You guys are awesome!

I cannot begin to tell you the excitement inside that I have- every hour- I go to my fax- there are 5-10 pages of signatures!

College students all over the country are busy on campus' getting the petition signed! By Monday -all 50 Senators will have been faxed the B.A.T.E.'s Law information. We have signatures from Florida to Washington state!

Keep up the much appreciated work! :eusa_clap:

Lisa

Edited by see me

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update...

I have been heavily involved in some interesting meetings..... new law here we come! Here is a note from an email we received:

"...we are very interested in helping to carry some legislation on the subject in the next session of the general assembly."

THANKS for all the help! Please keep the signature pages going! We are really getting some attention on this. I should be announcing soon when I will be going on TV!

Lisa :eusa_clap:

• 1 month later...

See Me,

Although I have been a part of these ex-way sites for about 7 years, I haven't been visiting too much lately. Your post caught my attention. I visited your blog. As I was writing down the number to fax my signature, I was suprised to see that we live not very far apart.

Please let me know if I can do anything besides fax a signature and get my own family involved with the same. I have a vested interest in child abuse, domestic abuse, and any other type of abuse. I went through the wringer years ago when I was going through a divorce with a still 'in' person and was trying to keep my kids out of TWI. I successfully did that, by court order, in a county near yours.

Although the circumstances are very different, what is the same is that you are fighting for the well being of children. It astounds me that the very children who were abused are not protected from the abusive monster! If I can do something besides fax a signature, I'll do it.

PM me or email me and let's chat. Let me know what I can do for you. I'll never forget that ex-way person who merely SAT in the courtroom with me...to the suprise of my ex-husband, his fellowship coordinator, and his Limb Coordinator. They all thought they were so smart by ganging up against me...and you should have seen their jaws drop to the floor when that guy showed up to testify against them! LOL!

I've emailed you (the address I found on your blog) as well.

All the best to you,

Robi