GreaseSpot Cafe

To be a Cleveland sports fan...you gotta be strong

Linda Z

Sigh. After beating the Pistons on their home court, the Cavs came home only to suffer defeat in front of their own faithful fans.

Why do Cleveland teams come sooooooo close and then *poof*, we're outa there?

Indians go to the World Series. *poof*

Browns: One word--Denver. *poof* *poof*

I suppose it would be less fun being a fan of Cleveland teams if they never even came close, but there's only so much a girl's heart can take.

I know, I know, the Cavs aren't out of it yet, but I so hoped they'd clinch a spot in the finals last night. Oh well, back to Motown. There's still hope, but it seems to be fading.

Linda,

Keep your chin up. Stranger things have happened. How about the Red Sox being down 3-0 in the ALCS to come back and win the pennant and then go on to sweep the Cardinals (arguably the best team in baseball at that time) to win the World Series.

Remember the immortal words of Winston Churchill and the late NCSU mens basketball coach, Jim Valvano (whose Wolfpack surprised all the oddsmakers by beating the heavily favored Houston Phi Slamma Jamma for the national title)...NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP (Churchill)...DON'T YOU EVER, EVER GIVE UP!!! (Valvano's farewell address as he was dying of cancer to the Wolfpack faithful).

Go Cavs!!!

Go 'Canes!!!

Thank you, dear Oeno.

I haven't given up. I was just a li'l down after the whipping Friday night.

The big game's at 3:30 today.

Truth be told, I've never been a huge basketball fan. What got me engaged in this year's playoffs was Rasheed (sp?) Wallace's taunting of our team. It put me straight into the "We'll show HIM" mode. :)

Edited by Linda Z

Linzee! your boys did so so much better than anyone thought they would! ...you can be proud of them... they're growing and young... and they have Bron Bron the man child...

They went farther than anyone (even you cle fans) thought didn't they?

This is a good thing... they'll only get better! be happy!

(plus now you can root for the Mavs)