GreaseSpot Cafe

News Question

Cowgirl

I was looking for the "Political Forum" but can't seem to locate it anywhere, anyone know what happened to it??

This might sound like a dumb question but here goes........I haven't watched TV in weeks so I really don't have a clue :redface: as to what is going on in the world, I read something about North Korea on a different thread but couldn't quite make heads or tails about it, can someone fill me in, what's happening there?

Thanks

Cowgirl

David, you're a real sweetie!! Thanks for that site, it's great, I'm going to search around and see if I can hear a sample of each of their music!!

Hey what's the difference between folk music and bluegrass music?

I've been invited to London, in July, about 40 minutes from here, to go to a folk festival, and I'm sure I will hear lots of mandolin!

Cowgirl

Hey what's the difference between folk music and bluegrass music?

Folk music is one person and a guitar.

or --- two people with guitars.

or --- three people with guitars,

Bluegrass is a 5/ 6 piece ensemble -- Banjo, Bass, Fiddle, Guitar, and Mandolin (and sometimes dobro).

Question --- "What is the definition of a bluegrass band, without a five string banjo picker?"

Answer ----- "4 guys on stage, futilely seeking the meaning of life!" :biglaugh:

Bluegrass is the vital force of Life

Edited by dmiller

...ahem....

Dear Mr. Miller,

Here in the Rackensack Ozarks, we eschew the term "bluegrass" in favor of the terms "folk music", "old tyme music", "traditional music" and "stringband music".

"Why?", you may ask...

Because it is generally conceded that bluegrass is too high to sing and too fast to play.

Old Time Music

A$$ Kickin' Redneck Stringband Music

...and of course my buds from over yonder in Shawnee, Oklahoma...

Prairieland Stringband

Thank you,

Mr. Ron