GreaseSpot Cafe

The Beginning

God first

The Beginning!

Here I sat Roy William Perry III know as year2027 by many write unto you my dear friends of the world wide web. Now let me begin with God loves us all my dear friends.

Lets look at the word of God. (Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.)

Genesis is one of the most well know books that talks about the beginning and gives us clues about the beginning.

We learn from this two verses that in the beginning there was only God and outer darkness but we know that God is light and there is no darkness in God.

But lets look at other books not so well known.

Note * While all of these books you may not agree with they have some truth in all of them that may help me show you what was here in the beginning.

(Book of Moses 2:1 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I reveal unto you concerning this heaven, and this earth; write the words which I speak. I am the Beginning and the End, the Almighty God; by mine Only Begotten I created these things; yea, in the beginning I created the heaven, and the earth upon which thou standest.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and I caused darkness to come up upon the face of the deep; and my Spirit moved upon the face of the water; for I am God.)

(Antiquities of the Jews - The Works of Flavius Josephus Book 1 chapter 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. But when the earth did not come into sight, but was covered with thick darkness, and a wind moved upon its surface, God commanded that there should be light: and when that was made, he considered the whole mass, and separated the light and the darkness; and the name he gave to one was Night, and the other he called Day: and he named the beginning of light, and the time of rest, The Evening and The Morning, and this was indeed the first day. ......)

(The Legends of the Jew - Volume I: From the Creation to Jacob chapter 1:1 In the beginning, two thousand years before the heaven and the earth, seven things were created: the Torah written with black fire on white fire, and lying in the lap of God; the Divine Throne, erected in the heaven which later was over the heads of the Hayyot; Paradise on the right side of God, Hell on the left side; the Celestial Sanctuary directly in front of God, having a jewel on its altar graven with the Name of the Messiah, and a Voice that cries aloud, "Return, ye children of men."

When God resolved upon the creation of the world, He took counsel with the Torah. Her advice was this: "O Lord, a king without an army and without courtiers and attendants hardly deserves the name of king, for none is nigh to express the homage due to him." The answer pleased God exceedingly. Thus did He teach all earthly kings, by His Divine example, to undertake naught without first consulting advisers.

The advice of the Torah was given with some reservations. She was skeptical about the value of an earthly world, on account of the sinfulness of men, who would be sure to disregard her precepts. But God dispelled her doubts. He told her, that repentance had been created long before, and sinners would have the opportunity of mending their ways. Besides, the Temple service would be invested with atoning power, and Paradise and hell were intended to do duty as reward and punishment. Finally, the Messiah was appointed to bring salvation, which would put an end to all sinfulness.

Nor is this world inhabited by man the first of things earthly created by God. He made several worlds before ours, but He destroyed them all, because He was pleased with none until He created ours. But even this last world would have had no permanence, if God had executed His original plan of ruling it according to the principle of strict justice. It was only when He saw that justice by itself would undermine the world that He associated mercy with justice, and made them to rule jointly. Thus, from the beginning of all things prevailed Divine goodness, without which nothing could have continued to exist. ....)

Now this is all I could find about the beginning with a fast search while I could find a lot about Adam and Eve that I love to share but this is about the beginning.

Note * While all of these books you may not agree with they have some truth in all of them that may help me show you what was here in the beginning.

We read about outer darkness, wind, the Torah and original plan but we know about foreknowledge of God but look at what was here before the foundation of the world.

Note the Torah is said to be part of the word of God and yes God’s words were of been there.

(Matt 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.)

Secrets were there in the beginning, secrets of what can be or what will be.

(Matt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:)

Things were prepared for Jesus and us in the beginning

(John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.)

God loved Christ and us before the beginning.

(Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:)

Us and Christ were chosen in the beginning .

(Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:)

Out of God’s plan the earth was created but it was plan in the beginning.

(1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,)

Jesus Christ was foreordained in the beginning.

Now this may give you a ideal of what was here before the beginning.

But what do you think?

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Interesting topic, Roy. I did a little research and here are some exerpts from what I found here

The precise meaning of the Torah's first word, berei...., is not "in the beginning" (that would be barishonah), but "in the beginning of."

The commentaries offer various interpretations . . .

Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki, 1040-1105) says to read the Torah's first three verses as a single sentence: "In the beginning of G-d's creation of the heavens and the earth, when the earth was chaotic and void ... G-d said

Another approach is that of Seforno (Rabbi Ovadiah ben Yaakov, circa 1470-1550), who interprets berei.... as "In the beginning of time." . . . In other words, while time is itself a creation (a most basic principle of the Jewish faith is that every reality was created by G-d), it is the first and most primary of creations. Indeed, "creation"

I will look for more

Edited by Abigail

You might find this interesting as well:

"The reference is not only to physical light as we know it. This initial statement is rather the mandate of all Creation. The ultimate goal and purpose of creation is that the Divine Light shine throughout the world, transforming everything, even darkness itself, so that it, too, will shine."

That, in my opinion, is our purpose here - to allow the divine light within us to grow brighter

God first

Beloved Abigail

God loves you my dear friend

I have begin to read that site I hope others check it out thank you

Yes please do look for more

I like it better as "in the beginning of." than "in the beginning"

I too believe every reality was created, form and made by G-d

I look forward to learning and reading more of that site my dear friend

Yes I like this too (the Divine Light shine throughout the world, transforming everything, even darkness itself, so that it, too, will shine.")

I must agree (That, in my opinion, is our purpose here - to allow the divine light within us to grow brighter)

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027