GreaseSpot Cafe

Did twi simply shatter into a bunch of 'readjusted' twi's?

CoolWaters

Home fellowships/Churches/Groups/Organizations  

57 members have voted

1. 1. I hold home fellowships that teach readjusted twi material.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. I attend home fellowships that teach readjusted twi material.

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. I lead a church/group/organization that teaches readjusted twi material.

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. I participate in a church/group/organization that teaches readjusted twi material.

• Yes
    • No

a child w a father is what we are--the more i study and read the bible the more i realize how simple it is, and that GOD and JEsus have done and are doing it. my job is to climb into HIS lap be a child and obey when and what i hear--because it is in my best interest that HE would tell me to do something or to not do something

but all of it hinges on what they did and are doing

beliefs i have some of the ways still, and others drove me to look for myself at the bible and i found out how how wrong they were--but without them teaching me it wrong i would not have had the question to seek an answer for

a perfect example i have a good freind the guy i mentioned earlier that i hitch hiked and prayed for rides with--he is in an ex-way group we corresponded via email for a couple years pretty tight and he taught me what he learned about faith

in a nut shell it is---GOD is GOD and we can't make HIM do anything and we can't keep HIM from doing anything

prayer is asking--and that is exactly what the bible says--ask in prayer, not make a formula or jump through a hoop or give a dollar to get, but ask

that said FAITH is trusting- faith is relaxing in stressful circumstances because you trust GOD

it is not gritting your teeth and tightening your gut --putting forth more effort- it is TRUST in your FATHER< knowing HE knows you and what is best for you and of course can do it, HE is not held back by the devil or your doubt or anything HE is GOD for cryin gout loud

about a year later i went to visit this freind and he and his exway group had gone back to the ways formula type faith cause they seemed to think it reeped more results.

like gamblers telling you how statistics work is what that is

Edited by jr4jc

I didn't really know how to answer the question. Because I don't really think of our group as teaching re-ajusted TWI teachings, but that's how I voted. I believe that we try to teach the word of God, and try and keep an open mind to change that which we find out is wrong. Of course TWI "said" they did that also.

When I define our beliefs to others, I describe them more like Kenneth Copeland, or Kenneth Hagin. There was much wrong teaching in TWI, but there was also much right teaching as well. What I've notice here is that a large number of people disagree on which was right and which was wrong and most believe that what was taught that was right, was taught for the wrong motives.

Well, Keith, the question implies the definition of "'readjusted' teachings" to be teachings taken from twi and revamped. If a group takes twi's teaching and builds from there, imo it is simply a different form of twi.

The heart behind me asking the question was to get people thinking about whether or not the monstrous influence of twi got bigger or got smaller due to people leaving.

The heart behind me asking the question was to get people thinking about whether or not the monstrous influence of twi got bigger or got smaller due to people leaving.

As regards to any teaching that moves people away from God, and putting their trust in a group or man, (besides Jesus Christ); or that causes any kind of hurt and pain... let us hope and pray that it got smaller.....very much smaller.

You know, Keith, I have that hope.

My recent experience has been that as people were leaving and HFs got smaller and smaller, the scrutiny was more intense and far more intrusive...you know what I mean? As in, the fewer of us there were, the more bitter and intense rained down the vituperation.

QT