GreaseSpot Cafe

Duplicity

I Love Bagpipes

Some rambling here:

I received the most recent issue of The Way Mag in the mail this past week. I decided to peruse it. I thought, "Okay. I'm gonna' look at this as if I have never been involved with TWI, know nothing about it...like I just picked up the mag from a coffee table in a waiting room somewhere." Well, of course, that was impossible for me to do. It is difficult for me to reach "neutral" regarding TWI.

So what was my response after perusing the mag? Confusion. Some heartache. And something I couldn't quite pinpoint...but it was uncomfortable.

"What is it?" I asked myself. Is it the "sanitized" approach to life that TWI offers? Why do I use the word "sanitized?" For me "santized" seems an apt description. Perhaps it describes a surface cleaning without really getting in and cleansing that filthy garbage that lies beneath the surface.

Then I read in another thread the word "duplicity." And that hit it on the head (at least for now) for me. At times my experiences in TWI were awe-filled and other times deceitful and twisted. (I used to brush this off and minimize it by saying, "well that is life anywhere.") But to learn (via avenues outside of TWI) of the abuses going on during my awe-filled times by the very people I entrusted my life to, as you all know, hits the heart hard. I am still unable to reconcile these contradictions in my mind...and thus duplicity.

Other thoughts that came to me regarding my recent Way Mag perusing:

Emotions are not expressed in the articles...what a cold approach to life.

Works are emphasized though grace is written about.

The household and exclusivism is still the topic.

Glory to "the ministry" and what it has to offer is prevelant.

Glory to an indiviual's/group's ability to believe to bring answers to pass is the norm.

Everyday situations are taken to the extreme, trying to control every possible circumstance that might arise.

Thanks again folks of the Cafe....for being here to sort it all out.

Emotions mean one would risk the pain of responsibility and accountability.

so groups like twi just make it so emotions or attachments are ungoldy and wrong.

In hospice or long term care medical training you will learn to not form attachemnts and to always check your emotions at the professional door .

YOU KNW what?? most good dr. and nurses and others who work in the humanities of suffereing (and we all suffer) shun this approach because it just doesnt work. it is against human nature all together.

but it is easier to not get involved to look at any situation with people as a job to be done and focus only on a goal of the procedure .

which is how twi operates.. everything is a spiritual procedure and if it doesnt work no resposibility or acccountability is needed: it is not about people or how we feel.

Bull .... Love is not like that. we are icky soft and we get hurt if we ever really want to live or love at all.

or we are not we can just do the procedure follow the rules and read the instructions and never ever love or live at all.

The term "whited sepulcre" also comes to mind.

The way rag is a good example of their committment to mediocrity and deceitfulness.

The challenge of the wag rag was to see how many different ways they could regurgitate the same old pfal material...and it was also a platform to stroke the ego of Veepee Cornfield (his picture was on the front page more often than not)...and I simply hated the way that twi would seek out individuals who had been successful in some field and then try to pin their success on "pfal"...when often times, the person had accomplished their goals before ever taking pfal...

...duplicity is a good term to describe twi...but somehow sounds too soft for these scoundrals.

Thanks Pond and Groucho.

More rambling here:

I guess duplicity is good for me currently because of the confusion I feel at times due to the TWI dichotomy....the promoted godliness in the midst of evil. I had wonderful times in TWI...real God times. And I had turmoil times as well, but always blamed myself for those....couldn't connect the deceptive doctrine as as a root agent of that turmoil, and never wanted "the ministry to be blamed." :nono5:

(Boy, what a bunch of hock and control that promoted.."that the ministry be not blamed." :asdf:

I used that against myself, and others, countless times. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! )

Too, I think, part of my wrestling stems from the good people I know still involved, loyal, and committed to TWI. And these are wonderful people, morally good folks....yet they still support TWI. The ones I know aware of the abuses simply state something like "that was in the past" or "folks just need to get over it and move on with their lives." I know, because that is what I said at one time. :evilshades:

Thinking, regarding, investigating the abuses is equivalent to thinking evil. Another point of dichotomy for me....an honest look/investigation being equivalent to thinking evil.

Glad I'm free and have tossed the glasses... :evildenk: ... and discovering myself.... :dance:..., God, and Jesus Christ again.

...I agree with you Bagpipes...so many fine folks still with twi...but that's their "nature". They are parasites that feed off of the decency of sincere people, trying to give themselves credibility. I don't know if you know who I am...but I remember you as being one of the "good eggs"...10th corps, right?

:dance: ...glad you're here at GreaseSpot with us.

I'm reading your posts with interest, Bagpipes, (and the others, too, I assure you). I feel and see much the same. the experiences are fresh for me still, and I often think of the good people I know--those still involved. I remember at times, driving to HF and repeating certain phrases to myself, trying to force myself to believe certain line items that made no sense.

I think what I hate most is the phrase, "Well, you're just going to have to trust in the revelation."

As an explanation for a question that my leadership didn't have an answer for. Because that seems to go directly against the initial promise that draws many people in, in the first place, which was - The Word has an answer for every situation, even in this day and time.

I know so many people who really want to do good in and with their lives...and now when I think of the condemning phrase I heard used by leadership against those who'd left twi, "Well, so-and-so has just sold out to sense logic and the world--they don't really care about God."

I can easily see how that can be turned around and cross-applied.

Perhaps I am merely cynical, but when I look at the current board, I see some savvy, jaded characters, happy to live on the backs the genuine.*

*understanding that corruption is rife through the system and not limited to the top tier.

Anyway, just my initial thoughts on this,

qt