GreaseSpot Cafe

I gave up my old Companion Bible to GoodWill.

:dance::dance:

I don't know about anyone else, but I just couldn't get rid of that bible. It had years of twi notes in it and I was very proud of that back in the day.

Funny how we (or speaking for myself here) can get so attached to something that I have barely looked at for so long. And when I did look at it I would just get upset.

A lot of it was Corps notes and all I could hear was Craig preaching those words.

So, the other day we were cleaning our bookshelves out of our kids rooms and our den area, and I took that old Companion out and placed it in the box. My hubby just smiled :) He was happy for me, but was it ok to pass that along to someone else?

I didn't think of that till this morning :blink:

Sunnyfla

Ach, no-one'll buy it if they don't like the notes. Who buys used Bibles with personal notes in anyway?

Did you put a disclaimer in it, saying "DO NOT contact TWI"?

Can understand it was hard for you to do, have the same problem, also your pondering if it was the right thing to do.

If you can still hear LCM preaching, though, cast your mind back to "traveling light" and getting rid of those bad old reminders. If anyone does buy it, they won't have the yelling sessions locked into their brains. Maybe they'll just see Bullinger's notes and it'll spark something for them there.

If you're still anxious, buy it back (consider it a donation to Goodwill) and toss it in in a furnace.

Hi Twinky, :wave:

We dropped all the stuff off at one of those parked semi-trucks, so I wouldn't know which GoodWill it was going to.

I should of just chucked it in a dumpster or something. I really wasn't thinking at the time. And it wasn't hard at all when I got rid of it. I just started thinking about it today :blink: Like, OMG.... who's going to pick that book up? We gave away about 30 or so old books at the time and it was just another book I didn't want.

Maybe they won't display it.

Sunnyfla

Edited by Sunnyfla