GreaseSpot Cafe

Cowboys in the airport

ex70sHouston

Three strangers strike up a conversation in the airport in Bozeman, Montana, while waiting their prospective flights.

One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer; another is a cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show;the third passenger is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arived at Montana State University from the Middle East.

Their discusion drifts to their differant cultures. Soon the two westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslum and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull.

The Cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat stained Cowboy hat forward over his face.

Finally the American Indian clears his throat and softly spaks,"At one time my people were many, now they are few".

The Muslum student leans forward and says"Once my people were few" he snears"and now there are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The Cowboy picks the front of his hat up and says in a smoth drawl,"That's cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslums yet, but I do believe its a-comin".