GreaseSpot Cafe

First Kiss

WhiteDove

My first kiss was from S*m H*rn* in 7th grade at the Music Club picnic at the City Park. We were riding the train along with lots of others. Seemed to be the most popular ride that night. It was tradition to scream all the way through the dark tunnel part of the ride. Sam and I were near the back of the train. I noticed as the front of the train entered the tunnel, everyone was very quiet, no screaming. I thought, guess that is too immature for us now that we are in Jr. High. Right after we entered the tunnel, Sam turned to me and gave me a sweet, tender kiss. It was totally unexpected and scared the heck out of me! (Shows how naive and immature I really was!) I let out a scream, but quieted down once I got control of my wits. Guess I scared poor Sam, too, as he held my hand but did not try to kiss me again, nor did he suggest we ride the train again. Emerging from the other end of the tunnel, I’m sure it was obvious who the screamer had been, as both Sam and I were beet red from embarrassment, not flushed from passion. He was a really sweet guy. Wonder what he is doing now.

I also remember ther first time I met vpw and him kissing me. I was a newbie, just starting to visit fellowships, and there was a Limb meeting we traveled to in another city. Went with my boyfriend who was also the coordinator of the twig I was visiting from time to time. We got there early, got seats near the front. I felt the need to powder my nose, and excused myself from the room. I re-entered the room and was walking up front to my seat. This older man is walking the opposite direction down the aisle, grabs me and plants a wet one right on my mouth. I pushed him away with a loud “Yuck” and look of disgust on my face. Gasps were heard throughout the room. I continued to my seat to be greeted by an expression of shock, close to horror, on my boyfriend’s face, as well as all the others in our group. “Do you know who that was you just treated that way?” “He looks sorta like the guy on the front of your Way Magazines. But I don’t care who he is, I don’t like for strangers to grab me. And I really do not want them to kiss me on the lips.” Met him several other times, but was not surprised by the “holy kiss” as was getting used to that greeting from fellow believers after a while.