GreaseSpot Cafe

The Atheist Delusion

GT

Definitely UNbelievable!

I find it a riot how the guy in the link 'proves' his points by quoting from the Bible, as tho' the simple quoting thereof proves his case. Ie., Its true because the Bible says so, and because God wrote the Bible. And we know that God wrote the Bible, because the Bible says so. ... No wonder it shows that illustration of the words "God" and "The Bible" with the circular arrows pointing back and forth to each other. Ie., circular logic. :wacko:

I've heard better arguments presented before. And I'm beginning to wonder if stuff like this is but a desperate & insecure attempt to deal with the increased publicity that atheists have been getting lately with books, speeches, and the like.

I can almost hear the frantic calls for alarm now: "OMG!!! The atheists are coming! The atheists are coming! ... Mothers, hide your children!!" ...... I hope nobody tells them that atheists already have the right to vote. 752.gif

Here's a rather popular rebuttal:

Kissing Hank's A$$

:biglaugh:

Edited by GarthP2000

I tend to agree with your first paragraph Garth. That claiming God wrote the Words because the words say that he did is not suffecient for any valid real documentation and reliability of said words.

Knowing what the words say is a good thing wether one is an atheist or theist or anything else. Mainly because there is a lot in it and a lot of controversy and problems people have with what is claimed to be spoken by a 'God' for whom the ones argueing about it have not found evidence to go either way-theist or atheist, and seem to land somewhere in between.

Hoping that there is, waiting for proof, saying that there must be a God cause man could certainly not bring about what he sees with his eyes. Or saying that since this 'God' has not shown himself then there is not one.

Nice pictures there Greasy though and still this little show is yet another show that the eyes can see.

It's what the eyes cannot see that have so many in such bewilderment of the question of the existance of a 'God'.

So rather then staying in bewilderment they usually will say no to kill the idea and problem, or yes and without solid proof say there is a 'God'.

And what about the ones that say they have seen the proof? Have experienced this unseen 'God' in their lives. Have their words actually been considered without fear and honestly looked into? It must be something that is different then the theist and atheist and the inbetweeners that I described above. In fact so different that that is exactly why it's not looked in to.

Unfortunately GreasyTech, there are plenty of folks out there who take what is portrayed in such a message in that link all too seriously, totally missing out on said satire. :unsure:

And I must admit, it was a satire that was done very well, as he did sound like he was serious the first time through.

Edited by GarthP2000

I liked the pictures. And still stay with what I said.

The illustrations are not offensive to me either satire or whatever.

I only watched it once and really didn't care what he was saying.

Got my own things to do.

And that was my post for one.

ha...

a christmas rant...to go with that crazy link

mythic versus rational?

rational versus mythic?

half-headed, either way

perhaps even half hearted

or half a$$ed

i dunno

cuz some so called sciences are more mythikly ignorant than so called religions

and some so called religion is more scientific than mythic science and science and such

or something like it

:blink:

honestly...what i am trying to point at

is how most growing mainstream scripts on both sides of the science/religion argument seem so post-modern, shallow and flat and so narrowly partial as to more-or-less misrepresent the actual depth and scope of the scientific and religious debate and dialogue that has been happening all over this world for some time now in a wide number of fields

gawd...writing that was like coughing up a furball...ack

:biglaugh:

anyway...so all i can say, sometimes ... pi$$ing here alongside you all in the mainstream, as they say

is that i hope those of you who find yourself somehow trapped on either side of this world wide war of world views

may you somehow also find a way of expanding beyond the scope of theism and atheism

but in a way that fully includes the qualities of both, ya know?

i dunno

the math is not that hard, really

especially if all the colors and numbers are allowed

we can count it all off on our naked fingertips

i cant help but wonder how it will take us to figure it out enough to actually play music again

especially cuz it is winter, and the world is going mad

coldest and darkest time of the year

and it seems to feel as if we need a more believable story of hope at times like this

that can deal with all this in a more helpful and hopeful manner

truth

goodness

are more beautiful together than apart

and then always simply leads to truly new and better ways

:who_me:

ho ho ho

thanks for the link, greasy tech

Edited by sirguessalot

it's kind of fun to look at the past and dream of the future

and really all we have right at this moment

is right now-this moment

everyone has the past to look at and the future

it's the present that is baffling...

hohoho

ohohoh

how many ways can the present be opened?