GreaseSpot Cafe

Words, phrases, stuff like that

CoolWaters

The other day my husband referred to his car as 'the Coldsmobile'. It made me LMAO because his driver's side window doesn't roll up. I told him how witty he is (and he is...when he wants to be) to have thought up something like that. Then he informed me that he stole the word from the Li'l Abner comic strip. Well, he's still witty...when he wants to be.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the quirky way people say and/or write things. For example, calling people in twi 'twits'. Something my daughter came up with when she was a little girl was saying, "Gringo" when the traffic signal turned green. (My hubs can sit through green lights if not told the light had changed.) Things like this.

I try to come up with a quirky thing or two (or more :) ) to add to my speaking and/or writing every month or so. My most recent (as I've shared somewhere else here) is to say "tiffany" instead of "epiphany". I got bored with saying epiphany all the time, thought of what rhymed with the word, then had a light bulb go off and realized I had just had a tiffany.

So do you all have anything quirky you say/write?

I'm a bit of a word nerd and have fun saying so. :biglaugh:

When writing with friends, instead of the word anyway, I write annieway. (My daughter's name is Annie.)

Once upon a time, I was involved in a cult. I used to enjoy saying a-volleyball instead of available, when speaking to other culties.

All the time - just read my posts. I write very much like I talk. Good friends say they can 'hear' me when they read something I've written. :biglaugh:

I think I started TWIt and Moneyhands.

The grocery store is the "grunchy" store.

The Starvation Army is where I take donations every year.

"Tinjewberrymud" is my way of saying, 'thank you very much'

"Shoot Bubba", "Frickin', Frackin' Friggin'....grrrrr...." are two ways I keep from cursing in the office.

I think we all shop at Le Target and Wally's World. We eat at "Toxic Hel1".

These are good! :) I particularly like a-volleyball. LMAO! Bill has called the manifestations 'many infestations' for a long, long time. Hehehe.

Belle, I am pretty sure that you originated TWIt and Moneyhands. And you are famous (or would that infamous...hmmm...? LOL) for your twists and turns with our language. LOL

I've called butterflies 'flutter bys' for decades now. Butter does not fly, but those bugs do flutter by. Makes sense to me. :)

Does anybody remember the Martin Lawrence character "SheNayNay"? She was the hood chick (played by Martin, of course) with HUGE 'tude. My granddaughter's name is Renee. I was the first one to hold her when she was born and noticed that she had HUGE 'tude...so I immediately began calling her ReNayNay. :) Now it's just NayNay.

More, please! I love this kind of stuff. :)

Funny you said that about an Oldsmobile - I had one that had bubbling/peeling paint... I called it the "Oldsmo-bubble"

Butterflies are called "Bless You Flies"

The word 'Brother' is pronounced "brouv-her", thanks to my oldest son.

And the word 'Ovaltene' is pronounced "Oval-bean", also thanks to Kristopher....

Edited by ChasUFarley