GreaseSpot Cafe

Helicopters, Drill Sergeants, and Consultants (Parenting Styles And The Messages They Send)

Sushi

Since parenting skills (or the lack thereof) has been brought up in another thread, I thought I would resurrect this thread for those who still have children at home. I would say, it's a far more practical way to do this than 'suggested' by the evil empire.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As you know, Sushi, I love the program. Believe in it, apply it and have pretty great kids.

My feelings, though, are that it's not applicable to me as an opposite to TWI. It's applicable, period, 'cuz it works.

If a parent needs a specific instructional program to guide, to understand the parent/child dynamics, to gain the skills to not be bald or institutionalized by the time the little precious is moving out, this is a great one.

Especially in these difficult times in our schools, our economy, with all the access kids have to rotten stuff.

Any parent, any child, it gives simple, practical instruction. Once each realizes that it's going to be this way (or that way) and it aint going to change, and the parent (you know who I'm talking about, the one that is the adult) carries it out every every every time, life is pretty terrific for the entire family.

I work in a High School and at the end of most days, I am sorry this, or at least SOMEthing, isn't a requirement to even having babies.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that my eldest is 26, has her own family and lives hours away,and nothing has changed as far as my standard of parenting her or my approach to our relationship. She still doesn't like it, but frankly my dear, I don't care.

Edited by Shellon

As you know, Sushi, I love the program. Believe in it, apply it and have pretty great kids.

My feelings, though, are that it's not applicable to me as an opposite to TWI. It's applicable, period, 'cuz it works.

If a parent needs a specific instructional program to guide, to understand the parent/child dynamics, to gain the skills to not be bald or institutionalized by the time the little precious is moving out, this is a great one.

Especially in these difficult times in our schools, our economy, with all the access kids have to rotten stuff.

Any parent, any child, it gives simple, practical instruction. Once each realizes that it's going to be this way (or that way) and it aint going to change, and the parent (you know who I'm talking about, the one that is the adult) carries it out every every every time, life is pretty terrific for the entire family.

I work in a High School and at the end of most days, I am sorry this, or at least SOMEthing, isn't a requirement to even having babies.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that my eldest is 26, has her own family and lives hours away,and nothing has changed as far as my standard of parenting her or my approach to our relationship. She still doesn't like it, but frankly my dear, I don't care.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've always found it curious, you need to pass a test to operate a car, but you don't need at least a learning permit to be a parent. :biglaugh: