GreaseSpot Cafe

A poem about loving a woman

pinklady

I was married to a Way corps grad who did not stand up for his wife and kids. He even got abusive. I believe The Way Corps did not teach men how to really love their wives.

Some of you have managed to love your wives and keep your marriages togeather and I applaud you for that. Here's a neat Poem a freind sent me from GS when I was being abused by my husband.

Be careful if you make a women cry because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior but from his side to be equal, under his arm to be protected and next to his heart to be loved.

What woman would'nt want to submit to a husband who did that? Remember in the 70"s you hardly ever heard of divorces, now they are rampant!!

Following leadership came before the wife and kids. Wow!!! I would say we lost the word. Where's the love?

Edited by pinklady

Great poem, PinkLady…What the Way Corps taught me was to put TWI first, anything that supported me in my efforts to put TWI first - had second place…Now this is just my opinion – I can't speak for everyone – just relating how the priorities worked in my head...I think there's only a few covenants ordained by God mentioned in the Bible. One of them is marriage. I don't recall any God-ordained covenants for TWI in the Bible.

Edited by T-Bone