GreaseSpot Cafe

Not Ignoring You!!!

Cindy!

TOO COOL FOR WORDS!!!!

I’ve been and will be absent from Greasespot over the next few years (though I will try to appear when I can).

I’ve begun the meat courses of my Masters in Community Counseling. It is a very fascinating field. I’ve not seen such an educated viewpoint on the mental health of people EVER.

Certainly TWI never subscribed to it…it was always black and white, with absolutely no consideration of the shades of ambiguity.

As I am navigating the mental health field, I am seeing that most stories have quite a few sides.

In the case of singles seeking therapy….there are usually two sides (maybe three if family is involved in the counseling)….their side, the families’ side, and the truth.

In the case of couples…there is his side, her side, and the truth (something I’ve long believed).

The kicker is that in true mental health, where professionals are involved…there is no judgment and no “side taking”.

That is wayyyy refreshing. Especially when considering that there are so many volatile emotions and so many biased and even narrow minded approaches.

Have you ever been to a therapist that just didn’t “get you” ?

Or that you KNEW you could snow????

It’s just a fascinating field.

I have a mentor in this field with whom I have shared everything honestly….VERY honestly….and she has shown me a great deal about the human condition.

It has allowed me to be much more non-judgmental in my approach and in my application to client problems than I have ever seen I could do before.

If I, one dimensionally, judge someone….that person is not allowed to speak for themselves. It is the same with our experience in “The Way” and sometimes here on GS (though hopefully, that is not often)…opinions and/or gossip spreads….the individual is never directly addressed and therefore a conclusion is reached that is faulty in it’s very basics.

I’m LOVING this masters degree program…..it is direct, honest, genuine, and stems from an educated foundation. No more guessing or emotionalism. No more gossip as a basis for truth. No more uneducated judgments. I now live in a community that empowers the individual without expense emotionally or morally to another individual.

WAY TOO COOL FOR WORDS!!!!

When I graduate, I will be pursuing a career in mental health. For the first two years I will be an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), then I do a two year internship (though it’s paid), at the end of which I become a LCPC (Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor) where I will join a private practice and continue my profession.

So please forgive me if I am not on GS very much….I have a full time teaching job in a high school, a full time masters degree program, and with a husband and 4 children, I have a full time family, as well. (I could REALLY use 12 more hours in each day!!!!)

Good health, peace and comfort to you!

Cindy