GreaseSpot Cafe

Honest discussion of the once saved all ways Saved?

God first

Beloved likeaneagle, cacoon chuckers and Jerry or DrtyDzn

God loves us all my dear friends

yes I like the tidbit it made me think thanks

I like this "Vines gives a pretty thorough definition of salvation and saved. There are basically eight different ways as to how these words are used."

because I see a new beginning here and a new beginning is what salvation and saved are all about from a begining of flesh which temp to a new begining of spirit which forever

Then there "Isn't the heart beating already in the first trimester?" this got me to think because the child can not breath inside the mother is the heart beating control by the mother like being put on a machine for life support then when birth the heart must be strated to work with breath

just thinking out loud

now there is "I still don't see how an incorruptible seed can die in the shell. Sounds like the ultimate corruption."

that a good question my friend and I see no way either but it may have something to do with the second death

I see were your going now my friend you understand the seed ideal but not how some can die if its a incorruptible seed

I know Jesus Christ die for all and that is why I believe all have a seed

maybe the seed does not die but its never grafted in by the person so the person with the seed does not live on but the seed lives on

thanks that is a lot to think about

sorry it took me so long to see were you were going my friend

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

I been thinking more about the differ between between salvation and "born again" and adding being planted or have been conception

maybe all three are differ stages we deal with until all is complete

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Roy,

Consider this section of scripture:

Luk 15:11 And he said, "There was a man who had two sons;

Luk 15:12 and the younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the share of property that falls to me.' And he divided his living between them.

Luk 15:13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took his journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in loose living.

Luk 15:14 And when he had spent everything, a great famine arose in that country, and he began to be in want.

Luk 15:15 So he went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed swine.

Luk 15:16 And he would gladly have fed on the pods that the swine ate; and no one gave him anything.

Luk 15:17 But when he came to himself he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, but I perish here with hunger!

Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you;

Luk 15:19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; treat me as one of your hired servants."'

Luk 15:20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was yet at a distance, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.

Luk 15:21 And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

Luk 15:22 But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet;

Luk 15:23 and bring the fatted calf and kill it, and let us eat and make merry;

Luk 15:24 for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' And they began to make merry.

Luk 15:25 "Now his elder son was in the field; and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing.

Luk 15:26 And he called one of the servants and asked what this meant.

Luk 15:27 And he said to him, 'Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has received him safe and sound.'

Luk 15:28 But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him,

Luk 15:29 but he answered his father, 'Lo, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command; yet you never gave me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends.

Luk 15:30 But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your living with harlots, you killed for him the fatted calf!'

Luk 15:31 And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours.

Luk 15:32 It was fitting to make merry and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.'"

Of course, we all have learned this passage, the parable of the prodigal son, to illustrate how God is always willing to forgive us. But there are a couple of other things to consider:

1. Did the younger son cease to be the father's son when he took his inheritence and left town...and blew it on some "loose living?"

Answer: no, of course not.

2. Did the father go out and seek out the son and force him back home?

Answer: no...the son had to take the initiative to come back home. He had to humble himself and become repentent. After he did those things, his father welcomed him back into his household and there was rejoicing in the household at the return of the son.

3. What would have happened to the prodigal son had he not become repentent and 

come home?

Answer: Although it's not explicitly stated, it is obvious (imho, ymmv) that he would have died in a far country...with the pigs.

The three parables shown in Luke 15 are often grouped together...rightly, IMHO. However, there is a distinct difference between this one and the parable of the lost sheep and the parable of the woman and the piece of silver. In both those cases, he speaks of something that is not really responsib

le for its actions. In this case, the subject is talking about a person who is fu

lly responsible.

While all three show the value that God has for His children, the third, uniquely, shows God's mercy to us. It also shows the impact of free will on that mercy.

And this shows what I'm trying to get at with explaining the difference between being born again and salvation. Certainly we are born again of incorruptible seed. Certainly God is our Father. But God also has given us the freedom to do the wrong thing and to walk away. Just as the father in the parable, above, didn't kidnap his son and force him to come back home, God doesn't kidnap us and force us to come back home. But just as the household rejoiced when the son returned, the angels in heaven rejoice when we return. But if the son hadn't decided to return, he would have died estranged.

Again, something to consider...