GreaseSpot Cafe

Honest discussion of the once saved all ways Saved?

God first

Honest discussion of the once saved all ways Saved?

Beloved All

God loves us my dear friend

Lets begin with the verse Rom 10:9,10

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Questions

1. Which mouth the fleshly mouth or the spiritual mouth?

2. When shall you be saved?

3. It sounds like to believeth unto righteousness would take time to me, what about you?

4. It sounds to like to confession unto salvation would take time to me, what about you?

How about this verse?

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

If doing Rom 10:9,10 gets one born again and operation of the holy spirit is proof you have been born again.

Why will some that did these things not be saved?

Ok here what I say but I would like to hear others answer these questions to see what I hear.

I believe when one receives the gift of holy spirit - its just the seed of Christ being planted and the birth does not come until the new body is put on.

I believe this seed believes unto righteousness by building trusting God will rise them as God rose Christ and this seed confesses unto salvation by the way the person lives their fleshly life and dies with a pure heart.

But this is just me and no one has to believe like I do.

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Roy...

Good question that you pose.

A couple of things I'd check into:

First, using Biblical evidence only, can you demonstrate that salvation is the same thing as the new birth (regeneration?)

Second, think about the tense used in the statements that so many use toward the salvation of believers:

Rom 10:9 says (KJV): if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 5:10 says (KJV): much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Acts 2:21 (KJV): And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Both of the above verses put the actual event of salvation in the future. (Thou shalt be saved...we shall be saved)

All in the future tense.

Is salvation an event that has happened in the past (Biblical proof, please) or is something that will happen in the future (see prooftexts, above).

Just something to consider on the subject...

God first

Beloved markomalley

God loves you my dear friend

yes the being saved is future tense as far as I can see

but we read shall be saved not may be saved

so I say it takes a life time to be completed reconciled and a life time of calling

but these is just me

thank you

Beloved cman

yes passing from death to life would require dieing with the right heart

some will pass from death to life and be born dead or at least that what I see even some that spoke in tongues

thank you

i think Mark makes a good point by with the distinction between salvation and "born again"

...and as it pertains to the all-too common notion of being "born again"...something that really seems to challenge the common doctrine, is how, in Peter's Epistle, the greek is speaking not of a new birth, but of a new conception

so i wonder if perhaps if after the new spiritual conception (perhaps by way of a new conceptualization...new perspective)

the process of salvation is a gestation period (of becoming whole), that results in a new kind of birth/death

which, of course, is merely the beginning of something much greater

perhaps spiritual conception occurs after a moment of bliss

while salvation (development as a whole being) is a long road of many trials and transformations

and any birth that follows both of these is typically a screaming bloody mess

perhaps one can see where mistaking conception for birth produces many overestimations of one's actual stage of spiritual development, resulting in gross blunders of epic proportions (lets say, should an emperor or king make such a mistake, and claim to be spiritual born again, when perhaps they have not even been spiritually conceived)

reminds me of an excited and desperate sperm mistaking its orgasmic arrival for being born as a fully developed child

...doh!

and too, whether or not we have eternal life may have nothing at all to do with conception, salvation or birth

some say that we are pretty much doomed to live forever in one form or another

and simply having a spiritual nature is not the same as our conceiving of it, nor development and birth of our living into it

Edited by sirguessalot

God first

Beloved cman

I hope you are right my friend

thank you

Beloved Todd or sirguessalot

yes Mark make a good point by with the distinction between salvation and "born again"

yes I like conception -v- being "born again"

I like that ideal "gestation period (of becoming whole), that results in a new kind of birth/death"

great picture you painted here my friend "reminds me of an excited and desperate sperm mistaking its orgasmic arrival for being born as a fully developed child"

yes maybe its more than we can understand

thank you

Beloved markomalley

I been thinking more about the differ between between salvation and "born again" and adding being planted or have been conception

maybe all three are differ stages we deal with until all is complete

thank you

In Ephesians 2:8 we read "For we are saved by grace, through faith...". In the greek the word "are saved" is in the past tense. Thus, this verse SHOULD read "were saved" or "am saved (past tense)".

Hebrews says that God has "perfected (past tense) forever those who are being sanctified (present tense salvation)".

Our salvation comes in three tenses: Past, Present, and Future.

Christians have been saved.

Christians are currently being saved.

Christians will be saved.

Some will even break this down further (I'm only 80% sure):

The dead (disconnected from God) spirit of man is what is saved (past tense).

The soul of man is what is saved (present tense).

The body of man is what will be saved (future tense).

I am not sure about which tense the new birth is referring to... but I tend to think that the new birth refers to the whole process also. We are not just our body, our soul, OR our spirit of man. We are all three together and all three aspects of our being need to be redeemed (born again).

As far as eternal security, refer to the verse from Hebrews that I quote above.

God first

Beloved sonofarthur

at times I think all three "Past, Present, and Future" Future has happen, the Past will happen, and the Present is coming still or something like that

and yes saved is in the past tense

maybe you have something when you said "The dead (disconnected from God) spirit of man is what is saved (past tense)."

but has for the soul and the body I do not think flesh will changed to be saved but I believe all things will become new

new body (future tense)

new life kind in spiritual blood (present tense)

but this me

thank you

God first

maybe you have something when you said "The dead (disconnected from God) spirit of man is what is saved (past tense)."

but has for the soul and the body I do not think flesh will changed to be saved but I believe all things will become new

What makes you think that the word "flesh" refers to the soul (or to the body for that matter)?

It might refer to the body, but I am pretty sure it is not referring to the soul.

God first

Beloved sonofarthur

yes there is a spirit soul and spirit body too

why you said soul of man and body of man I got to think that

but if you said the life of the spirit which the soul of the spirit

or if you said the new body of the spirit which the body of the spirit

I may of understood better -- sorry

what these two will be like I do not know

some times we will miss understand one another sorry

personally I see when we put on the new body with the new kind of life one of light it will be in the form God is now

thank you

Can I add universal salvation into the mix?

As in Adam all die even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Cor. 15: 22 All mankind is made alive in Christ, and become new creatures. (2 Cor. 5: 17)

Everyone will confess Jesus is Lord.

Unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear, surely shall say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength. Isa. 45: 24.

The first requirement of Rom.10:9

All will believe that Christ was raised from the dead.

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. John 12: 32.

The second and last requirement of Rom. 10:9

God first

Beloved VeganXTC

yes you can add anything I like to think on things like "universal salvation"

those verses will add to cman saying no one will be born dead spiritually

I hope he is right

thank you

I been thinking more about the differ between between salvation and "born again" and adding being planted or have been conception

maybe all three are differ stages we deal with until all is complete

I'm just wondering if you look at the seed as having been planted, but not yet germinated, how could there be any fruit? Fruit is evident now, so there must be a plant now also.

Jerry

God first

Beloved Jerry

I see the seed more like the seed in a woman its begin its growth but it has not been born yet

or if you think of a plant seed it has not broke out of the shell yet

I believe there is fruith of joy to the mother and father when the child is in the womb

so I think its a differ kind of fruit

one that comes because the seed is growing

but this is just me

thank you

This discussion is good. So many things I just take for granted and never really checked it out. You've promted me to study this topic. Sonofarthur made some good points and so did dirtydzn. Dirty, you wouldn't be a former 12th corps would ya? Vegan, to check out the universal salvation idea I stumpled on that topic on truth or tradition. I too was drawn to that thought, I'm not convinced it's right on but I'm not discounting it. I'ld need to look at it more.

I believe there is fruith of joy to the mother and father when the child is in the womb

so I think its a differ kind of fruit

Galations 5 lists the fruit of the spirit. They are for the believer, not the parents.They follow the works of the flesh which are done by the individual. They are not something only availabe in the future. A seed cannot produce fruit. A plant that is germinated but not sprouted or a fetus that is still developing, but not yet born,are headed towards a future event. Being born is present or past tense, not future tense.
1 Peter1;23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
If the seed is incorruptible, does it produce a being or plant that is also incorruptible? Our bodies and souls are already corrupted, but the spirit cannot be. This is where we bear fruit, in the spirit, but is the fruit evident in our corrupt flesh, or must we wait to be changed before it is manifest? Redemption of the purchased possesion. Can a man's flesh become so corrupted that the incorruptible spirit cannot transform it at the end?

Jerry

God first

Beloved cacoon chuckers

God loves you my friend

yes Sonofarthur, dirtydzn, and Vegan made great poits

thank you

Beloved Jerry

God loves us all my friend

if we have seed within us are we not the parent of that seed

yes it a child in a mother is fleshly fruit but we can understand one by the other

are we not still developing as we grow in truth

then there is

Matt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

so we got changed our thinking

yes the seed grows a being like that is incorruptible or immortality, a god like being

Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Christ is in the form of God and so will we be when born

its our image that changes from a two fold living image to a three fold living image

words are used to try to help us see what God and Christ are doing by giving us the gift of holy spirit but they can not even get close

with God all things have happen, all things are happening, and all things will happen

time means nothing to God

but to use we live one day at a time with limited understanding of what has come, of what is comeing, of what is here and now

but God see's all and understands all as we will one day

a man seed of spirit either grows to the points it breaks out of the seed or its dies in the shell

a man flesh to me is just the shell

but this is just me

thank you

year2027,

good point!!

Often the Bible is written from God's perspective, and He sees us from the perspective of what we will ultimately be.

Thus, God doesn't delineate for us in flashing yellow lights the different tenses of salvation.

Often our confusion is the result of the fact that we are trapped in the flow of time trying to comprehend timeless truth.

So If one is born Again at the onset of Ro:10,9, then one would think that God set a pattern of Grace so one thru discipline can grow up(so to speak) in the knowledge of the Lord and of the word, so we can Walk in the New Man and being able to produce those things of the Spirit..I tend to get over whelmed at times discerning the 9 manis, are they necessary (according to many classes-TWI) to have to be a more mature one..WHAT ARE THE GREATER WORKS? THAT WE CAN DO? sorry, Im not yelling..just emphasing..JC healed..that's huge!! Are manifestations works of the flesh or Spirit..

Hope Im not derailing..maybe , taking this one step further..

I aggree, that the saved is yesterday, today and forever.

God first

Beloved sonofarthur

God loves us all my friend

yes the "perspective of what we will ultimately be"

yes "Often our confusion is the result of the fact that we are trapped in the flow of time trying to comprehend timeless truth."

great statements of truth my friend

I glad you enjoy the point I try to make and I am blesssed you saw it good thanks

thank you

Beloved likeaneagle

God loves you my friend

do not worry about derailing but talk about what comes to mind my friend

and yes lets take it a step forward

thank you

Hope this doesn't get confusing.

I want to add a little tidbit I heard in fellowship once, back in 98 or so. A Nurse taught on receiving Holy Spirit, the minute you get born again..she relayed that the word Pheuma has a direct correlation to the first breath taken in by a new born during delivery. She equated getting born again and the actual birthing process of delivery. She said, that there is just enough PSI involved as the baby travels down the birth canal that causes the influx of air to start the baby's heart and pulmonary functions..this word is Latin as is derived from the greek word neuma)(sp)...very interesting..

Hope this doesn't get confusing.

I want to add a little tidbit I heard in fellowship once, back in 98 or so. A Nurse taught on receiving Holy Spirit, the minute you get born again..she relayed that the word Pheuma has a direct correlation to the first breath taken in by a new born during delivery. She equated getting born again and the actual birthing process of delivery. She said, that there is just enough PSI involved as the baby travels down the birth canal that causes the influx of air to start the baby's heart and pulmonary functions..this word is Latin as is derived from the greek word neuma)(sp)...very interesting..

Isn't the heart beating already in the first trimester?

Jerry