GreaseSpot Cafe

You are Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

VeganXTC

Hey.

Do these guys you've been talking about happen to have updated versions of those songs?

I have some old cassettes & even some vinyl albums of TWI music. Lots of great songs... some of them sound a little to very - - dated.

Jus wonderin'...

later.

PS.

I'll amen the comment about no blaming God for things like birth defects, etc. I'm thinking that the concept of perfection is lost among us humans. Personally, I believe that one would have to believe that God is some way IMperfect for Him to have made "mistakes" or do things that later became (as in on their own) bad or wrong.

There are other videos, as impressive as the one above that show just how relatively "easy" it is during the development of a fetus for an entity who had power & control at that level of life to pervert the growth process.

As memory serves... some "defects" occur when a single foundational cell, or gene is either left out or destroyed (or something like that, I'm not an authority on this topic...). With the foundation marred the rest of the natural development "derails." Children are then born with "problems."

Love that music!

... speaking of broke... my middle name is ....

It depends on the artist the Pressed Down and Good Seed CD's are just as the albums/tapes were. Which is fine with me, I expected them to be that way, much like Beatle music it reflects the period in which it was done . Some prefer updated versions of songs for the most part the ones I've seen with few exceptions are not an improvement over the original artist. Some way musicians have rerecorded their songs because there was a demand for them on CD. Dean Ellenwood, Dan Moran, Lisa Tracy, Leon Hanson, Brian Bliss, and Tom Burke and a few others. Most of the songs however remain as they were, with some new instrumentation and generally better recording. Many were done in Deans studio and Ken McCaw has been lending a production hand as well. So in the End if you are looking for a rap version of Accidentally you most likely wont find it. :biglaugh: One exception Ken McCaw did produce a full marching band version of Standing on Solid Ground that was interesting. Sounds like the old Fleetwood Mack USC band on Tusk. I had never thought of that song as a marching tune but it actually worked well.

Edited by WhiteDove

You know, I find it rather at once fascinating, and yet sad in a way, that the theory of evolution seems to be treated as such a freekin' threat by many of those who strongly believe in God. Not all, to be sure, as there are many of those whose belief in God isn't threatened by, and who have no problem accepting the (still increasing) evidence supporting evolution.

Yet (IMO) those who reject the concept, the theory of evolution, almost seem to do so out of fear, out of a "No! No! This just cannot BE!!" kind of reaction, as tho' if evolution were proved or shown to be true, their whole belief in God would fall to pieces, life would somehow lose its meaning, etc., etc. :ph34r:

Myself, I look at that video, and I have that same awe and inspiration about the complexity of life that many believers get. The same point of view that life *means* something. And yet I have no urge to have some diety attached to that as something that has just *got* to be there, lest the complexity of life just cannot come to pass.

If God is so true and real, then how could this fact be threatened by evolution in any way, size, shape, or form? :who_me:

((Putting on the asbestos overcoat, and awaiting the maelstorm of angry responses, :CUSSING: ... which basically would help to illustrate my point :evilshades: ))

LAE, I'd like the address so I can order Good Seed's music when I get paid next, thanks!

HCW, didn't I read somewhere that your daughter was a biology major too?

Edited by VeganXTC