GreaseSpot Cafe

Huntington vs. St. Patrick

Belle

Daddy is very big into sports - all kinds, all levels - He loves watching the high school kids, especially those destined for "big things". (He refereed high school football for years as well as college football and is really good friends with a couple of NFL referees, one of whom has had the privilege of refereeing the Super Bowl.) Yesterday he got to go to a game loaded with excellent high school players and, since I know we have a sports fan contingency here at the cafe, I thought I'd share his recap with y'all.

....Huntington TV yesterday afternoon announced that 5 of the nation's top 150 HS

basketball players would be playing in the game last night between Huntington HS

and St. Patrick HS, New Jersey.

St. Patrick won 78-76 in OT. OJ Mayo scored 47 for Huntington .... Corey Fisher

(soon to be Villanova) had 37 for St. Patrick. James Robinson (soon to be Memphis)

had 23 for St. Patrick. Patterson had bunches of rebounds and blocked shots for

Huntington .... Patterson to choose UK, Duke or Florida .... Billy Donovan was

present....

The game had all the electricity of a major college or pro game. ESPN2 present.

Those guys were very good.... I'm certain either team could beat several college

teams. OJ played hard at both ends of the floor - he has a nice shot from inside or

outside. The Fisher kid was incredibly fast and quick, with a beautiful soft shot.

It was a fun time! .... all this excitement right here in "River City"!