GreaseSpot Cafe

Need Help Finding Poem

This will date me, but I read it in a "Grapevine" publication in California - during the EARLY TWI days. I think it was a poem and not a song lyric. I don't know the author. I THINK it was titled "Identification," but that title is pretty iffy and would really not give the poem justice. But the subject was about seeing God's handiwork in everyday situations. I remember some lines;

"I saw His great compassion in a young boy's tender eyes, as he nursed a fallen sparrow and restored it to it's skies."

"I knew from noon day's splendor His contenance was bright and from night's golden galexies caught whispers 'He is light.'"

"These golden threads I gathered and wound on spindles fair, for matching with the garment I know that He would wear."

" One day I felt His garment my ragged self embrace. I stooped to kiss His hemline and I met Him face to face."

There's lines about a spider's web of lace, a mother crying from wounds her son inflicted, etc. etc.

Obviously, I have a vague memory, but I loved the poem then and would love to read it again.

Thanks - Clammy