GreaseSpot Cafe

puter viruses

Zshot

Is it just me....

I am starting to get e-mail with viruses about every other day.

I would like to encourage everybody to keep there virus scans updated and on.

I am useing Norton and it is set up to do automatic updates, scan in-coming and out-going e-mails, and IM's.

I understand Macafee has a good virus scan also.

(I haven't recieved an e-mail with a virus from any body here).

Zshot,

Its just another sign that there are some loser geeks out there that need to get a job and stop living with their mommies. icon_redface.gif:o-->

Maybe then they'll even finally wind up getting girlfriends. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

www.gapstudioweb.com

I prefer Norton Antivirus 2003. But be sure to turn off the dumb 'Office Plug in which slows performance. I also like to turn off Auto Protect. Email is still scanned in & out. But I believe Auto Protect slows down the system. Just have to use caution when downloading or installing something.

Not usre if Symantec ever fixed the bug I pointed out to them. They just brushed it under the carpet at the time to avoid bad press.

Scheduled weekly virus scans will not happen while you are logged off. This was not the case with NAV 2001. But with 2002 and probably 2003 his does not happen. That's a real problem.

John R.