GreaseSpot Cafe

Another Music Thread - This one for IPOD

Happyasaclam

Well, since we all seem to be about music lately, I could use some IPOD suggestions. I am training for a half and my current selection runs out after about 45 minutes. I am not that fast!

I am oldish (50 +) so something that would please a pentagenerian would be helpful. It doesn't HAVE to be in a major key, but that helps. At least 130 beats per minute.

Thanks!

Lookin' for tunes? In the Pop world, some Gold Standard Artists: (mostly older stuff here)

The Beatles - ya gotta have some Beatles. Help!, Revolver, Rubber Soul, the White Album. A sampling of these albums will surely be good listening.

Chuck Berry - where to start? 4 or 5 Berry tunes, Johnny B. Goode, Roll Over Beethoven, Maybelline, School Days, Memphis, No Particular Place to Go.

The Stones - I like the early stuff more. Not Fade Away, Oh Carol, Around and Around, All Over Now, Satisfaction. After "Gimme Shelter", I'm sure there's good stuff, but I'm not that familiar with it.

Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer, I Am A Rock, Mrs. Robinson, Feelin' Groovy, Cecilia.

James Taylor - Fire and Rain, Carolina In My Mind, Up On the Roof, Johnnie Comes Back, Up On the Roof, Whenver I See Your Smiling Face

More recently, geez....a lesser known name you might enjoy - Steve Bruton, kind of a funky James Taylor.

Norah Jones, first couple albums.

I like guitar instrumentalists, and Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson are two all-around fav's. Try Eric Johsnon's Ave Musicom and/or Venus Isle CD's. Joe Satriani, get "The Crush of Love" single if nothing else.

That's off the top of my head, not sure if it's where you'er going or needin'. You're sure to get more. :)

• 2 weeks later...