GreaseSpot Cafe

Nico busted her leg...AGAIN!

RottieGrrrl

OMG you know what I'm going through then. Officially it's like 12 weeks of recovery. She blew out her left knee before so I've been through this.

I'm going to wait until the staples are removed in a couple of weeks before I bring her back to work with me.

But she can't be chasing Jessepe, the male bulldog in our neighboring office. Nico is quite the tramp. ;) I will have to keep her on a leash outside for awhile.

Good thing she's spayed. The last thing I need would be a litter of bullyrotts. I can't imagine how ugly those dogs would be! :)

She is all stapled up and she has Fentanyl patches on her. The vet warned me (I guess they warn everyone) not to try to use the patch on myself after Nico is done with it.

Wow! Do people actually do that, or do you think its just a warning like, 'don't use this blow dryer while sleeping'? We had someone steal pain patches from the residents at the nursing home I work at, but I didn't think someone would take them from their dog.

My neighbor has a rottweiler, and my dog just loves her. They're wonderful dogs. I'm so happy Nico is healing well, and getting back to normal.

Wow! Do people actually do that, or do you think its just a warning like, 'don't use this blow dryer while sleeping'? We had someone steal pain patches from the residents at the nursing home I work at, but I didn't think someone would take them from their dog.

My neighbor has a rottweiler, and my dog just loves her. They're wonderful dogs. I'm so happy Nico is healing well, and getting back to normal.

Thanks Vegan! And yeah, I guess people actually do that. The mail-lady told me that Fentanyl patches go for money on the street, even used ones. Even after she gets it off (which is today) there is still a lot of the drug left. I'm supposed to flush it down the toilet.

They are for human use, and are a narcotic. I had to sign a release stating that I would not let her come in contact with children or anyone under 18 who weighed less than 120 lbs.

Thanks for your well wishes! :)

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I just took those patches off her (they are supposed to come off today) and that little snot really did use up that drug. Left nothing for mommy and her cramps!

Those patches were full on Thursday, barely anything left now. I hope she isn't going to go through doggie withdrawell!