GreaseSpot Cafe

Frieght Shipping

likeaneagle

Im moving to New Hampshire..I do not want to drive a truck or tow and am considering ground shipping..I have about 6 pieces of unreplaceable furniture peices that I am considering to ship along with about 25 rubbermaid tubs..

has anyone used a ground shipper...did you find it cost effective...?

On a few occasions we've used this company~ ABF U-Pack

This is what they say about themselves~

"ABF delivers an empty trailer or ReloCubeTM to your home. You have up to three business days to pack and load your goods. An ABF driver picks up your belongings and drives them to your new home. You have three business days to unload. All fuel and transportation charges are included in your moving quote. Since your price is based on the amount of space or number of ReloCubes you use rather than the weight, you will never have to worry about surprise charges due to a reweigh of your household goods. You Pack, We Drive, You Save. It's that simple!

You will enjoy peace of mind knowing that your belongings are moved on equipment owned and operated by ABF Freight System, Inc., winner of the 2005 Excellence in Claims/Loss Prevention Award and the Excellence in Security Award from the American Trucking Associations. With a network of 300 service centers and 13,000 employees, ABF has been a familiar sight on America's highways since 1923".

ABF was professional, on time and the price was very good~

I'd utilize their service again if needed~ :)

• 1 month later...

Found out last week my son n laws best friend opened a moving biz about 6 months ago..He is in Hotlanta and will be stopping here in the morn to get my furniture and things for a 1/4 of what Ive been quoted @$2400..and taking them to NH. Its a LTF load..plus, I am giving him a $100.00 tip

Pretty cool..yeah!!

Edited by likeaneagle

I have about 6 pieces of unreplaceable furniture peices

has anyone used a ground shipper...did you find it cost effective...?

These two concepts don't exist together well.

I am in logistics for a large company. Two words Insurance, Insurance.

Good luck

Sushi- trying to figure out what you mean..

Griff- My pieces are jusy american oak Mission furniture.But they are handmade by a wood crafter. thats makes unreplaceable to me.Im sure he will take extra care.

we are loading this eve since it is a whopping 100 heat index.