GreaseSpot Cafe

easy for you to say

satori001

the power of words...

and images...

I'm trying to remember now, is his proposal about universal health care, or universal hair care?

This "Edwards with comb" video is thought by some to have been responsible for a precipitous wind-letting by the Edwards campaign. While it could be the wicked work of a Republican "dirty trickster," it's more likely a good-natured "leak" by someone who supports one of his fellow presidential aspirants. Hair today, gone tomorrow? Edwards defenders say this is just political hairesy, and that all candidates get this treatment. I'm not so sure they all respond the same way.

But back Gravel again:

Gravel reminds me of Howard Beale. I don't agree with his logic, but what he says and how he says it seems to stop everything, momentarily, in its tracks. He also reminds me of Perot's "interum" running mate, retired Vice Adm. James Stockdale, who once asked during a debate, "Who am I? Why am I here?" This is Admiral Stockdale during one of his many awkward moments.

Dennis Miller read up on Stockdale, and attempted to set the record straight:

Note that Miller has no love for Gore OR Quayle. But he recognized Stockdale, and that's all that mattered.

Here is Admiral Stockdale in his own words.

Edited by satori001