GreaseSpot Cafe

Christmas for an EX JW

Noni1974

Cards on the mantel piece, hanging from every shelf, blu-tacked to the wall, the doors, anything they will stick on.

Little tree with a string of little lights (bought for $2 each)and a few cheap spherical baubles also cheap.

Give simple gifts - home made chocolates, cookies, other little things.

Spend time with people less fortunate (homeless shelter) or the animal rescue shelter as suggested above. Enquire about going on the soup run with the Salvation Army.

Perhaps take yourself off to a church for the midnight mass (not necessarily anyhing to eat, not an RC thing) - you don't have to be a "Christian" as you put it. In any event, try to get to a carol service at some local church. Sing and make a joyful noise.

Invite your neighbours to drop in for a Christmas drink and cookie or mince pie.

Have a nice dinner middle of the day to simply enjoy, and go out for a long walk afterwards with thankfulness in your heart.

Drown Bing Crosby (?) and his dream of a "White Christmas".

Cards on the mantel piece, hanging from every shelf, blu-tacked to the wall, the doors, anything they will stick on.

Little tree with a string of little lights (bought for $2 each)and a few cheap spherical baubles also cheap.

Give simple gifts - home made chocolates, cookies, other little things.

Spend time with people less fortunate (homeless shelter) or the animal rescue shelter as suggested above. Enquire about going on the soup run with the Salvation Army.

Perhaps take yourself off to a church for the midnight mass (not necessarily anyhing to eat, not an RC thing) - you don't have to be a "Christian" as you put it. In any event, try to get to a carol service at some local church. Sing and make a joyful noise.

Invite your neighbours to drop in for a Christmas drink and cookie or mince pie.

Have a nice dinner middle of the day to simply enjoy, and go out for a long walk afterwards with thankfulness in your heart.

Drown Bing Crosby (?) and his dream of a "White Christmas".

I would love to go to midnight mass on Christmas.My only problem is I drive a taxi for a living and Christmas Eve is one of our biggest nights of the year.I got to go to a wedding in a church earlier this year and I enjoyed it very much.I had never been to a catholic church before.I'm very curious about other religions.

Drive a taxi! Well, you can add a bit of Christmas cheer to the taxi with a bit of tinsel round the seats or mirror (nothing that can be used to cause harm!).

How about a big box or tin of chocs and you offer a chocolate or two to each of your customers that evening and the day after (if you're working)? (With a "God bless you!" if you're feeling like it, after all, it's Christmas.) Just for fun! You'd get a range of responses from the highly suspicious to the truly blessed.