GreaseSpot Cafe

a church connected to Joel Osteen

year2027

I think that is a shame. people are so closed minded,i don't understand why the hang up with gay anyone,serving in military or whatever,it is just plain stupid to reject someone for race,and beliefs,those people need to be slapped upside the head!

God first

Beloved Mark Sanguinetti and OKLAHOMA CITY WOW 78

God loves you two my dear friends

Mark Sanguinetti - read this quote that next to the video but yes I do not live there

The Relatives of a gay Navy veteran, Cecil Sinclair, say a Texas megachurch (led by noted pastor Joel Osteen's brother-in-law) canceled his memorial service at the last minute.

Kathleen Wright says an Arlington church(High Point) decided against hosting her son's funeral because he was gay. She claims the decision has added to her grief.

But after his obituary listed his life partner as one of his survivors, she said, it was called off.

"It's a slap in the face. It's like, `Oh, we're sorry he died, but he's gay so we can't help you,'" she said Friday.

Wright said High Point offered to hold the service for Sinclair because their brother is a janitor there. Sinclair, who served in Desert Storm, died Monday at age 46 from an infection after surgery to prepare him for a heart transplant.

The church's pastor, the Rev. Gary Simons, said no one knew Sinclair, who was not a church member, was gay until the day before the Thursday service, when staff members putting together his video tribute saw pictures of men "engaging in clear affection, kissing and embracing."

Simons said the church believes homosexuality is a sin, and it would have appeared to endorse that lifestyle if the service had been held there.

"We did decline to host the service not based on hatred, not based on discrimination, but based on principle," Simons told The Associated Press. "Had we known it on the day they first spoke about it yes, we would have declined then. It's not that we didn't love the family."

"Even though we could not condone that lifestyle, we went above and beyond for the family through many acts of love and kindness," Simons said.

Wright called the church's claim about the pictures "a bold-faced lie." She said she provided numerous family pictures of Sinclair, including some with his partner, but said none showed men kissing or hugging.

The 5,000-member High Point Church was founded in 2000 by Simons and his wife, April, whose brother is Joel Osteen, well-known pastor of the 38,000-member Lakewood Church in Houston. Now High Point meets in a 432,000-square-foot facility in Arlington, near Dallas.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0807...

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws...

More Christian bigots for Jesus, just doing their thing and so proud of themselves and their blatant hate and bigotry toward homosexuals.

This makes me SICK!! I just felt that everyone needs to know about yet another great example set by Christians, who mean no harm and don't hate the gay man and didn't discriminate against him at all, rather showed love and kindness to both him and his family, by canceling his funeral the day before it was supposed to happen, because he was gay.

Yes folks...that's Christian love for you!!

It sounds exactly like the Mormons and exactly what they would do in the same situation. When it comes to funerals, they want to control whether there is music, a slide-show, open microphone, how long it is, who can speak, what can be spoken about,etc.

Of course, it is all subject to final approval by the big cheese of God Bishop(personal music and slide-shows/videos are completely banned now), who then tries to convert everyone in their weak, sad, broken moment, by giving a sermon about Mormonism and "the restoration", that has absolutely nothing to do with the deceased, just like Boyd K. Packer teaches them to do.

I hope that in James Faust's funeral coming up soon, that they stick to their "plan of Packer" and don't say one damn word about him, what he did or who he was and just preach sermons. Yeah right!!

Remember folks, Mormon funerals are not about or for the deceased, rather to preach the gospel and try to get baptisms.

This is the part that really got to me:

"The pastor of Arlington's High Point Church told his congregation Sunday that he stood by the church's decision to retract an offer to host a memorial service for a gay man, prompting APPLAUSE FROM THE HUNDREDS IN THE CROWD."

Like I said, they were so proud of themselves and even applauded for themselves and their blatant bigotry and hate.

Damn cults!! (less)

Added: August 13, 2007

OKLAHOMA CITY WOW 78 - yes people magnify one sin over another

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy