GreaseSpot Cafe

Spring in the Midwest

bowtwi

We had 70+ mph winds last night and I don't know how many tornadoes in this area alone.

Look what I found when I got up this morning.

First, the mailbox got blown off its base again - happens every time we get tornado warnings. I found it about 25 feet from where it was supposed to be.

Then I went to the back yard. I'm sure the pool can be fixed, but yowza!!!

The top of the tree sort of slid along the backside of the screened-in porch and over the air conditioner. It doesn't appear to have damaged the house per se or the air conditioner.

We have plans to open the pool this weekend - I think we still can, just need a bit of repair work. Thank God for 18-gauge stainless steel pools!

I can't post the pics here so I'll put them in my gallery and come back here to add a link to there...

(We live about 30 miles north of Kansas City, MO)

Yikes ... glad it missed the house ...nice walk-in door for your basement.

In western Illinois, we got some golf ball sized hail a couple weeks ago ... pucnhed some holes in the siding. Other than that, about five inches of rain in the last ten days has kept the fields too wet to plant.

But in just last Tuesday we had 2.5", while some not far away had 8". We seem to have missed more rain this morning thankfully, which is the system that just blew through your place.

Those are some sturdy pool walls there ...