GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to Make Hay.......

WhiteDove

I heard on the news today that they are out of funds to pay the staff to marry all the gays that are influxing into CA. So if any with ordinations that would be so inclined ( that would not be me) to do a ceremony there's gold in them Hollywood hills to be made. Oak my northern neighbor Go West young man Go West.....

Maybe you could do a drive -by or take a lesson from the VP and do a mass wedding at $100.00 a pop.

Edited by WhiteDove

Running out of money, eh?

Issuance of Public Marriage Licence: $89

Marriage Ceremony in City Hall: $67

Souvenir Marriage Certificate: $5

Proving that flaming cracks won't open up in the streets if you marry somebody of the same sex: Priceless

(sorry: i couldn't resist)

Edited by cake

Officials in Kern, Calaveras and Butte counties say they’ll stop performing weddings for all couples because, among other reasons, the increased demand would overwhelm their staffs.

“We’ve done them when we can,” said Karen Varni, the clerk-recorder in Calaveras County. “They’ve been squeezed into other things, and due to budget restraints in our county and no actual place to do them, we’re not set up to do them.”

It looks like they will be using volunteers sympathic to the cause to solve the log jam

To help absorb the crowds, they are adding staff, extending hours and training and deputizing hundreds of volunteer marriage commissioners.

San Francisco expects to have trained more than 200 volunteer commissioners, most of them city staff, to help marry same-sex couples. In San Diego County, more than 50 workers from other departments within the clerk-recorder’s office have volunteered to issue licenses and to keep up with demand. In Los Angeles County, about 100 people have been deputized over the past two weeks to perform nuptials.