GreaseSpot Cafe

Re-enlistment Ceremony

dmiller

This is from my brother, retired military (Air Force), sent to me today:

I couldn't verify this, but I bet it's accurate. E.:

Attached are pictures of what is reputedly the 'largest re-enlistment ceremony ever held in military history.' The ceremony was held July 4, 2008 at Al Faw Palace, Baghdad, Iraq. General Petraeus officiated. A pizzeria in Chicago donated 2000 pizzas that were made just prior, shipped to arrive in Baghdad on the 3rd and were provided to the enlistees on the 4th. The main stream media did cover the gift of 2000 pizzas to soldiers in Iraq. But they failed to report on the cause for this gift -- it didn't fit the MSM’s portrayal of the “hollow force, poor morale,” etc. This is a sterling example of how they highlight their intellectual deceit daily.

This enormous re-enlistment occurred on 4 July in Baghdad – there were approximately 1200 total REUPs. For those who have been in the Al Faw Palace, you'll have a better estimation of the number of people crammed in the rotunda.

Below are pictures of the reenlistment ceremony. It echoes that all of the young men and women in these photos know that what they are doing is imperative to regional and world peace, and they want to continue to be part of it. Somehow this did not make it to network/cable news broadcasts.

tn-1.jpg

tn.jpg

tn-2.jpg

(conspiratorial muzak eerily playing in the background -- sneaky.gif)

Somehow this did not make it to network/cable news broadcasts.

Hhhmmmmm, ... This wouldn't happen to include .. Fox News Network now, ...

... would it?

;)

(conspiratorial muzak eerily playing in the background -- sneaky.gif)

Hhhmmmmm, ... This wouldn't happen to include .. Fox News Network now, ...

... would it?

;)

Ya know what -- I agree with you. It's a pretty fugged up system of getting news (these days), where whatever might be popular with the networks is the ONLY thing, or ONLY viewpoint being showed. I have NO love for Fox network. Same as CNN and MSNBC. They are all B!tches in someone's stable being used and abused, to our detriment.

Soldiers I've talked to have re-enlisted not because they support Bush's war, but because they want to stay with their brothers and not leave them behind to die. It's the soldiers' sense of community and brotherhood to each other that makes them want to re-enlist. The majority seem to be opposed to the war and want it over ASAP.

This explains why soldiers donate more money to Obama rather than McCain.

Troops serving abroad have given nearly six times as much money to Obama's presidential campaign as they have to McCain's, the Center for Responsive Politics said.

There's also huge bonuses and higher active duty pay right now for those in Iraq.  I have friends who served in Iraq recently, and couldn't believe the amount they got paid.  If we had a draft or at least an abundance of active duty servicemen and women, I'm sure the incentives would be a lot less.  

Military people have been underpaid, especially in the lower rank rungs, for a long time now, and I approve of the combat pay increase, they also have had less than stellar Veteran's medical care, I gather that's improving as well, let's hope it continues.  I agree with P-mosh's statements about the troops wanting the war to be over.  They have more respect for Bush than they did for Bill Clinton, but they don't necessarily agree with Bush's war.