GreaseSpot Cafe

What a Friend

WhiteDove

I was doing some research on dog behavior for the dog park and found this story in a magazine. WOW

Mickey was a Labrador Retriever owned by William Harrison, while Percy was a Chihuahua that had been given to Harrison’s daughter, Christine. Normally, their size difference might have prevented the dogs from becoming friends; however, in this instance, they became playful pals. The dogs would chase each other around, or Mickey would lie on the ground and let Percy pretend to be dominant as the little dog jumped on him and mouthed his ears. They ate together and, when they slept, Percy would lay against the bigger dog to stay warm.

One warm summer evening, the dogs were out on the front lawn playing one of their favourite chase games, and, as he often did, Percy made a wide circle at high speed in an attempt to get behind Mickey. Unfortunately, this time his path took him out into the street and he was hit by a car.

The first one on the scene was Mickey, who barked and whined and nosed his little friend. Then, while Christine stood by weeping and Mickey watched attentively, William placed the dead dog in a crumpled sack and buried him in a shallow grave in the garden. The depression that had fallen on the family seemed to affect not only the humans, but also Mickey. The big dog sat despondently staring at the grave of his friend, while everyone else went to bed. He would not come into the house when he was called, so William left the back door open except for the screen door, in order to allow him to hear Mickey if he decided that he wanted to come into the house.

A few hours later, William was awakened by frantic whining and scuffling outside the house. When he investigated the noise, he saw, to his horror, that the sack in which he had buried Percy was now laying empty beside the opened grave. Next to it he saw Mickey, who was in a state of great agitation, standing over Percy’s body, frantically licking his face, and nuzzling and poking at the limp form in what looked like a canine attempt to give the dead dog the kiss of life. Tears filled the man’s eyes as he watched this futile expression of hope and love.

He sadly walked over to move Mickey away when he saw what looked like a spasm or twitch. Then Percy weakly moved his head and whimpered. It was his friendship with Percy that had kept Mickey close that night. There was also something deep within him that had sensed that there was a faint spark of life in the little dog, combined with some mysterious instinct to return his companion to him that had told him what to do. He would not give up on his friend. Because of this bond between the dogs, they would be able to romp and play again, and once more share the warmth of life and their canine companionship.

Dear ((((WhiteDove)))) Thank YOU!!!

This breaks my heart and I cried so much it was hard to see to type and took me even longer than it normally

does to edit, but was well worth reading it true brought up some thoughts and realizations to consider about

GOD's designs in creation of different species! I am sure You will appreciate that I start a thread concerning my

thoughts rather than disrupt Your thread.

What a touching and tenderhearted testimonial to the bonds and depths of true friendship and undying love!!!

A great example of real love, friendship and loyalty that sadly seems in such depth, much rarer in the human-

kind sector of this world. Where in, ties aren't woven tightly and bonds unravel quickly with very little

provocation!!! The World is waxing worse and worse in all realms:

Isa 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Dear ((((WhiteDove)))) Thank YOU!!!

This breaks my heart and I cried so much it was hard to see to type and took me even longer than it normally

does to edit, but was well worth reading it true brought up some thoughts and realizations to consider about

GOD's designs in creation of different species! I am sure You will appreciate that I start a thread concerning my

thoughts rather than disrupt Your thread.

What a touching and tenderhearted testimonial to the bonds and depths of true friendship and undying love!!!

A great example of real love, friendship and loyalty that sadly seems in such depth, much rarer in the human-

kind sector of this world. Where in, ties aren't woven tightly and bonds unravel quickly with very little

provocation!!! The World is waxing worse and worse in all realms:

Isa 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Dear RG your thoughts will not disrupt the thread.

As far as I'm concerned you can comment on this thread after all is that not what this is for? I'm always interested in any comments off or on topic it doesn't make a difference to me personally, but I suppose it does to some, rules and all).